This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I'll earn a small fee at no extra cost to you.*
Unless you’ve been living in a cave, you heard about the false missile warning in Hawaii a couple weeks ago. For 38 minutes, over a million people believe a nuclear missile was headed right toward them. Think about that for a second…
All those people who believed they were about to die had to decide how to spend their last half hour on Earth. Should they pray? Call their loved ones? Go to their children’s schools? Hide under their beds? I can’t even imagine how awful that must have been.
It haunts me because I fear that one day, I might find myself in the same situation, only for real. If we continue to appease the North Korean machine, the time will come when they can strike the U..S mainland with a nuclear weapon. While no one can be certain if or when this will happen, I think the risk is so high that we should all be prepared to face it.
Now recently, the media made much ado about nothing based on a tweet by the president.
While most people think that having nuclear weapons is only about detonating them, that’s simply not true. If you are a chess player or enjoy strategy at all, you understand the true power of having nuclear weapons. The deterrent.
Despite this tweet, I am sure we will see the North Koreans shooting off test rockets again in the near future. This is the terrifying reality of our situation. Kim Jong Un is a despotic leader who is scared and desperate.
What if selling these shoddy nuclear weapons becomes just as effective as firing them? What if the rumors of satellite capabilities are true and they can launch a missile from above the nation? What if they decide to deliver a bomb using a different modality?
The Bleak Reality of the Blast Zone
Though we all have a deep-rooted fantasy that the primo bomb shelter will protect us against the blast of a nuclear bomb, anything in the blast zone dies. Forget about prepping for the blast zone. What is more important is understanding where the blast zone might be and how you can get out of that zone ASAP.
We all know that major metropolitan areas are targets, so if America is going to face threats from nuclear powers, you must get away from these targets. You will not survive a nuclear blast if it hits your hometown directly. There is no prepping for that. You and everything you love will be vaporized.
Timing of the Attack
Since North Korea is on the opposite side of the world, it is likely their attack will come while we sleep. Targets stay still during the night as well. This was brought to my attention by Dave Jones on the Prepping Up With Jones Podcast.
Dave is a 24-year veteran of the U.S. Army and retired Army Chemical Officer. David Jones taught nuclear, biological and chemical warfare defense to military personnel all over the world. I regard his information as some of the best available to civilians.
He does a great class on nuclear, bio and chemical warfare for civilians. I met him at the prepper expo in Doswell, Virginia and invited him to come on the Prepper Broadcasting Network. It has been a wonderful time ever since.
Another thing Dave harped on was fallout. He drove home the point that if you do come in contact with fallout, you can simply wash it off. You need to get your clothes off and wash your body with soap in the shower.
This should all be done while shielding your mouth. Fallout in the lungs is a big issue. Still, you can survive it.
Preppers who live in big cities are most at risk. These cities are targets. When it comes to an egotistical beast of a man like Kim Jong Un, he is going to want to make headlines with his attack. It will not be a tactical or strategic attack. It will be a shock and awe tactic.
For many preppers, it comes down relocation. It’s a big, scary thing to consider, but it’s the reality if you live in a city you are more of a target. That is not just true of an attack from North Korea, but of crime in general.
I am a proponent of moving to the outskirts of a suburb. I think city life is not conducive to family and prepping. However, homesteading in the sticks offers a lot of problems as well. You are basically on an island out there and things can go really bad, really fast in a collapse.
Changing schools, changing careers and moving away from the things you like is a sacrifice. How will you feel if you wake up and see the old city block you used to live on was incinerated? You will feel a lot better than if you stayed. Prepping is about substantial changes and putting yourself in the best position to survive.
West Coast cities are the biggest risk. Places like Denver, Chicago and of course New York are also big problems. Then there is Washington DC which may be considered the bullseye. It’s certainly the bullseye for terrorists.
Hiding from Radiation
If you are close enough to a blast that your home is still standing but you know there was an attack, you will want to take cover from radiation as well as fallout. To do this, you will want to get to the center of your home. Build or insulate a room out of insulating materials like thick blankets, pillows, and mattresses.
As the radiation and fallout reach your home, this insulation will keep you safe. How long do you stay in this shelter? According to FEMA, you want to use the 7:10 rule when it comes to radiation.
The 7:10 Rule of Thumb states that for every 7-fold increase in time after detonation, there is a 10-fold decrease in the exposure rate. In other words, when the amount of time is multiplied by 7, the exposure rate is divided by 10. For example, let’s say that 2 hours after detonation the exposure rate is 400 R/hr. After 14 hours, the exposure rate will be 1/10 as much, or 40 R/hr.
If you found this confusing, look at it this way. If 2 hours have passed and the exposure rate is 400 R/hr, just multiply 2 by 7 to get 14. Then you’ll know that in 14 hours, the exposure rate will be 1/10 of 400 R/hr, which is 40 R/hr.
An Ounce of Prepping
The good news about surviving a nuclear attack is that it doesn’t have to haunt your every waking moment. It’s not a problem that can happen anywhere at any time. The effects of one bomb will not be felt all over the nation (except for indirect effects such as an economic crash).
Let’s review the things you really need to concern yourself with and understand.
- If you are in the blast radius, you are dead.
- If you experience fallout, it can be washed off with soap and water
- Keep fallout away from your mouth and out of your nose.
- Don’t forget to leave your clothes outside if they have fallout on them.
- Remember the 7:10 rule of thumb when it comes to radiation.
- Get your hands on some Potassium Iodide pills in case of radiation exposure.
- Understand your location dictates your level of risk.
- Don’t go crazy worrying about it. You have a life to live.
To learn more, check out these articles:
- 9 OTC Items To Help Fight Radiation Poisoning
- How to Avoid Radiation Poisoning When the Unthinkable Happens
This article first appeared on urbansurvivalsite.com See it here
4 No Cook Meals For Surviving The Pandemic And Food Supply Shortages
When it comes to your food supply, you just can’t risk not having enough. These no cook meals will be a great addition to your food supply planning. Check out the recipes below!
No Cook Meals to Help You Through the Pandemic
As of the writing of this article, there are 20 meat processing plants that have been shut down due to COVID-19 infections. We have been worrying about these types of effects on our food supply for months now, and this is the first real sign of how infections can affect the food supply.
When you walk into a supermarket, you might not see all the choices you had in the past. An empty meat case is a humbling thing for your eyes to fall upon. It’s the shocking realization that the seemingly infinite supply of chickens, pigs, and cows that are butchered for us has begun to run dry!
To deal with this issue, we are going to present four no cook meals that will help you create dinners at home that will feed your family without worrying so much about what’s available, or unavailable, in the meat case.
1. Smashed White Bean, Avocado and Salted Pork Sandwiches
As preppers we get beans. There are a bunch of ways to use beans and this a great example of how you can pack a sandwich with great nutrition and protein.
Serving: Makes 4 sandwiches
- Can of White Beans
- Olive Oil
- 1 Avocado
- 8 Slices of Whole Grain Bread
- 8 Slices of Salted Pork (Prosciutto, Ham, Virginia Ham)
- Begin by draining your beans in a colander then smashing them up in a bowl add a few glugs of olive oil, salt, pepper. This little mix is delicious. If you add some minced rosemary, you can even turn this into a delicious dip.
- Pit your avocado and cut it in half and then quarters lengthwise. Leave the skin on.
- Lay the bread out on a clean work surface for assembling the sandwiches.
- Spread your mashed bean mix onto one side of the bread.
- Peel your avocados and slice 1 quarter for each sandwich. Spread slices over the bean spread.
- Add a few slices of your pork to over the top of the avocado.
- You can finish this sandwich with some lettuces, fresh sprouts, or just eat it as is.
2. Delicious Crab Salad
Canned crab is a protein option that will likely be around through much of this meat crisis. It does have to be kept in refrigeration, but it’s delicious and this chipotle mayo salad is great in the spring and summer.
- 1 Can of Crab Meat
- 1 Bunch of Asparagus
- Chipotle Mayo
- 1 Bunch of Green Onions
- 1 Bunch of Cilantro
- Drain your crab in a colander and set it in the sink.
- Slice your asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Throw them into a bowl.
- Thinly slice your onions and your cilantro and throw that into the bowl, as well.
- Gently toss in the crab meat.
- Squirt on enough Chipotle mayo to coat everything and toss gently not to break up the crab meat.
- Chill in the fridge and serve.
3. Simple Greek Salad
The combination of simple summer ingredients makes for an incredible quick salad that you could add other proteins, too, if you wanted. These could be canned meats.
- 2 Large Tomatoes
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Red Onion
- ¼ Cup of Feta Cheese
- A Few Sprigs of Fresh Mint
- ½ Cup of Kalamata Olives
- Balsamic Dressing
- I like to cut the tomatoes in large chunks and have them kind of be the main course in this salad. Peel and slice your cucumber in half. Remove the seeds and either dice or slice in half-moons.
- Peel and slice your red onion in half. Julienne your, or thinly slice, your half onion.
- Add all these ingredients to a bowl. Finely slice your mint.
- Add your olives, crumbled feta, and mint to the bowl and add enough dressing to coat everything.
- Stir it up and allow this to chill for at least an hour for the flavors to really blend.
4. Mediterranean Tuna Lettuce Wraps
Using some similar ingredients and adding a protein like tuna, you can create some delicious lettuce wraps. The key to a good lettuce wrap is to have most of the items around the same size. So, consider that when you are preparing this dish.
- Iceberg or Butter Lettuce
- Canned Artichokes
- Canned roasted Red peppers
- Fresh Cucumber
- Feta Cheese
- Minced Olives ¼ Cup
- 2 Cans of Tuna
- Green Onions
- Start by peeling all the full leaves from your lettuce. Set them on a plate either cover them with a wet paper towel or put them back into the fridge.
- Dice the peppers, artichokes, and cucumbers into cubes. Go no larger than ½ an inch.
- Thinly slice your green onions and basil and add them to a bowl with your diced vegetables. Add your loves to this bowl and mix them thoroughly.
- Crumble your feta cheese over the mixture.
- Drain your tuna thoroughly and then add that to the bowl, as well.
- Gently toss this mixture. Try not to break up the tuna and the cheese too much but incorporate it thoroughly.
- If you want, you can add some olive oil to the mix or a few glugs of balsamic vinegar. It’s also delicious just how it is.
- Scoop a few tablespoons into a lettuce leaf, wrap it up and eat up!
These no cook meals should help lessen the stress you feel when thinking of what to feed your family. If you don’t have the specific ingredients, use your creativity, and use what you have. You might discover a new recipe while you’re at it!
What’s your favorite no cook meal recipe? Please share it with us in the comments section!
- Essential Survival Fuel: No-Cook Overnight Oats
- Dehydrated Foods to Try This Weekend
- 13 Dried And Canned Foods With The Longest Shelf Lives
This Article Was First Found at survivallife.com Read The Original Article Here
Billionaire Whistle Blower: Wuhan Coronavirus Death Toll Is Over 50,000
- Exiled Chinese businessman Guo Wengui recently revealed leaks from Wuhan crematoriums. He claims based on the number of bodies their furnaces are burning, the death toll could be as high as 50,000.
A Chinese billionaire and whistleblower who lives in U.S. exile says Wuhan crematoriums have burned 50,000 coronavirus victims. | Credit: Chinatopix via AP
- The official coronavirus death toll in China is a little over 800. But an exiled Chinese businessman says crematoriums are leaking the real figure.
- A billionaire whistleblower alleges Wuhan has crematoriums working 24/7. He claims they’ve cremated some 50,000 coronavirus victims.
- Guo Wengui is a Chinese billionaire living in exile in the United States.
The official coronavirus death toll is some 800 people in China. The current official death toll worldwide, outside of China, is 774. But a Chinese billionaire with a history of blowing the whistle on his former government says the real figure is much higher.
Exiled Chinese businessman Guo Wengui recently revealed leaks from Wuhan crematoriums. He claims based on the number of bodies their furnaces are burning, the death toll could be as high as 50,000. Wengui made the bombshell allegations in an interview with former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon.
Whistleblower: 1.5 Million Coronavirus Cases In China, 50,000 Coronavirus Deaths In Wuhan
He also claims to have inside information that there are 1.5 million confirmed coronavirus cases in China. Wengui is emphatic that these are not merely quarantined or “under observation” but confirmed cases of coronavirus infection:
China has struggled to contain the coronavirus. But it has also struggled to contain public outcry against censorship and tight control of information. Dr. Li Wenliang, who sounded the alarm about the disease, succumbed to an infection and died this week. The Chinese government arrested him for blowing the whistle.
Then officials tried to suppress news of his death. Afterwards, millions of Chinese citizens saw the hashtag #IWantFreedomOfSpeech on Mandarin language social media. But the Chinese government censored that too.
Are Wengui’s Crematorium Claims Credible?
Watch VICE’s 2017 profile on Guo Wengui. At the time, he published bombshell documents alleging corruption in the Chinese government. He got the attention of the media and reportedly the U.S. State Department.
5 Types Of Ammunition To Stockpile For A Collapse
Every prepper knows it’s a great idea to stockpile ammunition when preparing for a major disaster.
You can use it for hunting, self-defense, or barter.
But which types of ammo should you stockpile?
If you plan on bartering, then you don’t want a bunch of calibers that nobody wants. And that’s just one consideration.
In this video, Reality Survival & Prepping talks about what he thinks are the 5 best types of ammunition to stockpile for a collapse.
Here are his picks:
- .22 LR – Very common, good for hunting small game, very light and small.
- 9mm Luger – Great for self-defense, fits in a wide variety of handguns.
- 5.56×45mm or .223 Remington – Also very common, cheap and effective.
- .308 Winchester – Widely used, works in AR10 and bolt-action platforms.
- 12 Gauge – You can do a lot with it — hunt, defend yourself, etc.
In the video below he makes a much more detailed case for each caliber. What do you think of this list?
This article first appeared on urbansurvivalsite.com See it here
- DIY7 years ago
DIY How to Make a Powerful Mini Foundry
- DIY7 years ago
DIY How to Build a Cabin in 7days for Under $5k
- DIY4 years ago
Try these Cute Christmas Rock Painting ideas for Kids
- DIY6 years ago
Pillow Floor Lounger
- DIY6 years ago
15 DIY PVC Projects You’ll Love
- Uncategorized5 years ago
Bug Out Cabin Tips | How To Build The Ultimate Survival Shelter
- DIY6 years ago
How To Make An Outdoor Kitchen Upcycled Pallet Outdoor Grill
- DIY7 years ago
DIY How to Build a 16 Brick Rocket Stove