With winter just around the corner, it’s the ideal time to add this survival meal to your outdoor cooking menu. These grilled beef, carrot and potato bundles require minimal effort – all you need is foil and an open flame.
Survival Meal: Beef, Carrot & Potato Bundles
Stay warm this winter with an outdoor survival meal that is hearty and delicious. These beef, carrot and potato bundles take minimal effort – just chop them up, spread on some butter, and throw them over an open flame. Most importantly, this survival meal is cooked in foil packets, so it requires very few ingredients and minimal effort. Check out the easy-to-follow recipe below, and let us know your own survival meal ideas in the comments.
What you’ll need for your survival meal:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 large potato, sliced thin (peeled or unpeeled)
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
- 1 small onion, sliced
- seasoned salt
- garlic powder
- black pepper
How to prepare your survival meal:
1. Divide the ground beef into four equal portions. Place them each onto their own sheet of aluminum foil.
2. Shake a bit of seasoned salt over the meat, then add some onion and potato slices. Sprinkle with a bit of seasoned salt and some garlic powder.
3. Add carrot sticks and place a scoop or two of butter on top.
4. Carefully bring up two of the sides of foil and fold over to seal, leaving a pocket of air if possible.
5. Seal the ends and place on the grill over medium-low heat or coals. Close the grill and let cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the meat is cooked through.
For awesome survival gear you can’t make at home, check out the Survival Life Store!
Want more survival meal ideas? Check out the posts below!
This Article Was First Found at survivallife.com Read The Original Article Here