This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I'll earn a small fee at no extra cost to you.*
If you ever end up in a situation where you have to cook food without electricity, you’ll need some easy, simple recipes that work well over a fire. One thing you’ll definitely want to make is bread. Everyone loves bread. It’s great comfort food, but it’s not something you can store long term.
In this video, Backwoods Gourmet Channel explains how to make bread with just four ingredients. Here they are:
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- 2 teaspoons of salt.
- 1 cup of warm water.
- Package of dry yeast.
Here’s how to make it:
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt to the flour.
- Add the package of yeast to the flour.
- Slowly add the warm water while stirring it all together.
- Cover the bowl with a damp towel and leave it in a warm place for one day.
- Scrape the mixture onto a floured piece of wax paper.
- Knead the dough and shape it into a ball while using flour to keep it from becoming too sticky.
- Put it into a greased Dutch oven.
- Use a knife to cut an X into the top of the dough.
- Set the Dutch oven in the sun until the dough doubles in size (about an hour).
- Put some hot coals above and below your Dutch oven.
- Check it every five minutes until it’s nice and golden brown.
Watch the video below to see it done.
This article first appeared on urbansurvivalsite.com See it here