Looking for some poolside chip-and-dip recipes that will spruce up your spring/summer? These new twists on classic favorites like salsa, guac, hummus are guaranteed to bring a fresh perspective to some traditional sides that will surely keep you snacking happy! They’re simple to make, easy to serve, and will pair perfectly with your chips of choice. This trio of treats can be served altogether, or you might just choose to feature your favorite dish. Either way, get ready for your spring/summer snacking to be transformed!
Salsa, Guac, Hummus Oh My!
Forget chunks of tomatoes and watery residue that comes from the canned stuff. Instead, opt for a healthier (and sweeter!) alternative to a salsa dip. You will need the following ingredients to make this masterpiece:
- 2 cans of sweet white corn
- 1 can of black beans
- 1/2 of a chopped red onion
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of rice wine vinegar
- A pinch of salt
To create, you will combine all of the vegetables and the sugar into a large mixing bowl. Just add the rice wine vinegar to the mix, give it a good stir, and add your dash of salt to season. Waiting for the next step? That’s it! It’s really and truly as easy as that to make your fresh new summer salsa! Your prep time clocks in just under 5 minutes, so if you’re needing to whip something up in a flash, you’ve got the perfect new recipe to try. Pair it with your favorite chips and a glass of white wine, and your taste buds will sing!
Berry Different Guacamole:
This next one will make you believe in the age-old saying “opposites attract!” It might sound crazy, but what is the summer for if not trying something new? This sweet and spicy take on a traditional guacamole spread will surely leave you and your guests wanting more. For the Berry Different Guacamole, you will need:
- 2 avocadoes
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of honey (yes, really!)
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 minced jalapeno
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 3 oz goat cheese
- Dash of salt for taste
1. First, remove the avocadoes from their skins and chop them up on a cutting board.
2. Place the slices in a large bowl and mash with the back end of a spoon to create your spread.
3. Next, you’ll throw in the juices: add the lime juice, lemon juice, and honey to the bowl. Go ahead and sprinkle some salt in the mix as well.
4. You will stir in these ingredients, or you might decide to continue mashing with the spoon if you prefer a creamier spread.
5. Now it’s time for the fruit and veg. Fold your onion, jalapeno, strawberries, and blueberries into the mix, stirring to ensure that they are evenly dispersed.
6. Grab your goat cheese next and crumble it in, saving a little bit extra for a decorative topping.
7. Add a couple of extra blueberries on top of the cheese, along with a lime wedge for a flawless finish!
This dish goes great with pita chips and sangria, or any other fruit-infused beverage. Guaranteed once you try it, you’ll never go back to store-bought guacamole ever again!
Silky Smooth Summer Hummus:
Your favorite healthy snack is about to get even healthier (and more colorful!) Continuing with our fruity theme, you’ll be dying to get your hands on these ingredients and whip up this light and fresh spread: as soon as you read on!
- 1 can of garbanzo beans, dried and peeled
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2-3 small cloves of chopped garlic
- 3-4 teaspoons of kosher salt
Ingredients for toppings:
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1 sliced or chopped cucumber
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cubed
- 1/4 thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Lemon wedges
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
1. The first step is to blend the chickpeas inside a food processor for approximately one minute, or until the mixture forms into powdery-looking clumps. Make sure to scrape the sides and re-blend in order to make the most of the mixture.
2. Next, add the tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and salt and run the food processor until you’ve got a smooth blend.
3. While the processor is still running, drizzle in some water until you see that the mixture is gaining a smooth, light, and creamy-looking texture. This might be a good time to take a pause and try a sample of your creation; from here, add extra seasonings if needed, then top it off with one final blend to ensure you’ve got the silky-smooth mixture you’re needing.
4. To finish up, pour the hummus from the blender into a serving bowl and add the toppings listed under the “Toppings” section: you can try your hand at some decorative arrangements, or just mix them all together.
5. Drizzle the top with olive oil and spread some pita chips around the sides of the serving platter, and you’re set to serve – enjoy!
These new summer twists on old snack spreads not only offer healthy additives and pops of color, they are certain to be the talk of your event with their fresh new perspective! Prep time for all of these recipes stays right under 15 minutes, so if you’re needing to whip up a quick mix for some hungry guests, or if you’re just wanting to indulge in your own succulent snack, you won’t have to wait ages to try your creation! Happy eating! We know you’ll enjoy!
What do you think of these Salsa, Guac, Hummus Oh My! | The Perfect Springtime Trifecta recipes? Let us know in the comment section below!
This Article Was Found On pioneersettler.com Read the Original Article