With temperatures finally cooling down, it’s the ideal time to add this outdoor survival meal to your dinner menu. These potato, corn and carrot foil packets are a healthy and hearty choice – and all you need is a grill and an open flame.
Outdoor Survival Meal: Potato & Veggie Foil Packets
When it comes to outdoor survival, your food supply is extremely important. Because you won’t always have access to meat, it’s crucial to have a back-up plan. An all-veggie meal is a great solution if you’re trying to ration your supply of meat, and it’s also packed with essential nutrients. These potato and veggie foil packets take minimal effort – just chop up your veggies, sprinkle on some seasoning, and heat them over an open flame. Best of all, most of these ingredients are relatively inexpensive, so it’s a great go-to meal that is both hearty and delicious.
What you’ll need for your outdoor survival meal:
- 7-8 small red potatoes
- 2 ears corn, shucked and cut into 2-3 pieces
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. steak seasoning
- pinch of salt and pepper
How to make your outdoor survival meal:
1. Prepare four sheets of aluminum foil, about 18×12 inches each.
2. Boil the potatoes until they’re just barely cooked. Chop them up into quarters.
3. Spread potatoes, corn, onion, carrots and bell pepper between 4 sheets of foil. Sprinkle steak seasoning over packets, a little olive oil and sprinkle of salt.
4. Fold foil over veggies so edges meet, then seal the edges.
5. Set foil packet on the grill for 20-22 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
For awesome survival gear you can’t make at home, check out the Survival Life Store!
Want more survival meal ideas? Check out the posts below!
This Article Was First Found at survivallife.com Read The Original Article Here