So says author and backyard chicken keeper Melissa Caughey, who studied her flock and concluded that chickens have behaviors and sounds that have specific meanings. There’s even scientific research proving this!
Caughey is this week’s guest on Off The Grid Radio, as she tells us why every homesteader and chicken owner should know how to “speak chicken.” She is the author of two books: “How to Speak Chicken: Why Your Chickens Do What They Do and Say What They Say” and “A Kid’s Guide to Keeping Chickens.” Both are published by Storey.
- The chicken sound for “hello.”
- The chicken sound for “I’ve laid an egg.”
- How to watch your flock and learn their specific behaviors.
- Why she thinks chickens are smarter than we realize.
- How to recognize chicken emotions.
If you own chickens, then this is one show you don’t want to miss!
This Article Was Originally Posted On offthegridnews.com Read the Original Article here