Whether you’re going camping or surviving in the wilderness, having some firestarters will make your life so much easier. Imagine it’s damp and a bit windy outside. Even if you find some tinder, you’ll have a hard time getting it to burn, much less keeping it burning long enough to ignite your kindling.
But if you have some highly flammable firestarters with you, getting a good fire going will be a piece of cake. There are many types of firestarters, but sawdust firestarters are particularly effective. And in this video, Tactical Intelligence explains how to make them.
Here’s what you need:
- Ice cube trays
- Wax (paraffin is good, but you can use another type)
- A pot for melting the wax
Here’s what to do:
- Melt the wax in the pot.
- Fill the ice cube trays with sawdust.
- Pour the melted wax into the trays with the sawdust.
- Put the tray into the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Get them out and they’re ready to go.
These firestarters work really well. As you’ll see, they will burn even if it’s a bit windy and sprinkling outside. Watch the video below to learn more.
AdvertisementThis article first appeared on urbansurvivalsite.com See it here