If you can’t decide whether to give red or white roses to your boo, then give them these unique DIY rainbow roses. Make Valentine’s Day more colorful and start making these rainbow roses. We’ve got the step-by-step instructions you will need!
Fun And Easy DIY Rainbow Roses In Two Ways
— This post is courtesy of gardenseason.com and shared with permission —
DIY rainbow roses might be over the top but it’s a great addition to your flower arrangements for Valentine’s Day. I actually thought rainbow roses was a new variety of roses but looking further, I’ve learned, I can make them myself! Learn how to make DIY rainbow roses with any of these two easy and simple guide.
DIY Rainbow Roses
Things Needed For Making DIY Rainbow Roses
- White Roses
- Test Tubes
- Food Dye
- Cutting Tools
Step 1. Prepare Roses
- Choose fresh white roses for this project. Using sharp scissors or a scalpel, trim the stem at an angle for fast color absorption.
- Next, using a cutter or a scalpel, cut the stem into sections depending on how many colors you wish to dye the rose.
- If you want three colors, you can cut the stem into three section. Remember, the more sections, the more difficult it is to keep the stems from breaking.
- For an added tip, take roses with longer stems as you may now be successful in your first attempts but you can always cut back.
Step 2. Coloring Process
- Now, take test tubes or whatever container is available to allow the same mechanics as illustrated above.
- When using your test tubes, use a rubber band to hold them in place and close to each other to keep the rose stem from breaking.
- For the color solution, add 1 gram of FD & C food dye to a hundred ml of water. Then, gently place a section os the stem into different dye solution.
Step 3. Color Transformation
- Allow the roses to stand for a few hours or overnight for maximum color absorption.
- In a few hours, you will see the color change.
Watch the step by step guide to making your DIY rainbow roses in this video from Flinn Scientific:
DIY Rainbow-Colored Roses
Things Needed For Making DIY Rainbow-Colored Roses
Step 1. Preparing Roses
- Take out your fresh white roses and cut at an angle as shown.
- This will allow a fast water and color absorption.
Wouldn’t it be so amazing to give your special someone a bouquet of roses in her favorite color? Whether it may be purple or green or blue, you can now make her dreams come true! Drop those traditional red or white roses and start making your DIY rainbow roses.
Find the DIY rainbow roses experiment amazing? Tell me about you own experiment by posting them on the comments section below.
Looking for more ideas this Valentine’s day? Then check this out: Creative Valentine’s Day Ideas | Sustainable Crafts For Your Love.
Feature image source via Happiness And Things
This Article Was Found On pioneersettler.com Read the Original Article
FREE Ebook! "The Secrets To Living Off The Grid"...
Simply enter your best email in the form and click the download now button. Then make sure to confirm your email to get access and never miss our exclusive updates.