Millions of Americans own backyard chicken flocks, and with the economy still struggling to recover, more and more families add them to their property each year.
Of course, that doesn’t mean everyone is doing things right.
Backyard chickens are the topic of this week’s edition of Off The Grid Radio as we talk to poultry expert Justin Rhodes, who shares with us money-saving tips and priceless advice he has learned during his years on the homestead.
Rhodes, who gives poultry tips each week through his popular YouTube channel, tells us:
- How he fed a flock of 30 chickens on merely $1.25 a day.
- What he doesn’t feed his chickens (the list is short!)
- Why he is a big fan of electric poultry nets.
- Which breeds he prefers for eggs and meat.
- How he gets his flock ready for winter.
Finally, Rhodes tells us how he kills the chickens he processes for meat – using a method your great-grandparents may not have recognized. Don’t miss this amazing show if you own chickens or are considering purchasing a flock!
This Article Was Originally Posted On offthegridnews.com Read the Original Article here