Obviously, anyone can build an armory for less than $1,000. The question is: Can you build an armory with high-quality weapons for less than $1,000?
A lot of you are probably thinking, “No way.” At one point in time, you would have been right. But like other technologies, firearms continue to improve and you can now get high-quality rifles, pistols, and shotguns for affordable prices. You just have to know what to get.
Let’s talk about how you can build an urban survival armory for less than a grand.
Why You Need An Urban Survival Armory
First and foremost, why do you even need an ‘urban survival armory’ to begin with? In fact, what is an ‘urban survival armory’?
Basically, an urban survival armory is simply an armory of personal firearms that you would use to hunt defend yourself during an urban disaster.
How does this differ from a ‘normal’ survival armory?
Simple. The guns you would need for an urban environment are not necessarily the same ones you would need for a rural environment.
For example, a scoped bolt action hunting rifle is not a gun you would need in an urban area because you probably won’t be doing any long-range shooting.
Instead, the guns you need for an urban environment need to be guns you can use to defend yourself in close quarters or against multiple attackers.
Types of Guns You Need In Your Urban Survival Armory
So the big question you probably have: Which specific types of guns do you need to have in your urban survival armory?
Well, before we get into the specific makes and models, let’s discuss the basic types of guns you need.
Semi-Automatic Rifle With A Detachable Magazine
Basically, an AR-15, because it’s really the best semi-automatic rifle with a detachable magazine that also fires an intermediate cartridge.
And by best, that doesn’t mean it’s objectively the best, but it is the most popular centerfire rifle in America with readily available ammunition and spare parts, and that means a lot.
There are many reasons an AR-15 or any other semi-auto rifle is a good choice for an urban survival scenario. It has a large magazine capacity, which makes it a good choice for defense against multiple attackers.
The 5.56x45mm NATO round also has very minimal recoil, and the AR-15 is already a highly ergonomic rifle, making it great even for beginners.
Finally, the AR-15 also has far more stopping power than a handgun, and greater range than a shotgun. Don’t underestimate it. Even though semi-auto rifles are rarely thought of as being defensive arms, the truth is that they are actually great choices for the task.
In short, having a semi-automatic rifle for defending your house or apartment is going to give you a major advantage over your attackers.
Next, you’re going to need a gun that you probably expected to see in this list from the beginning: a twelve gauge or twenty gauge pump action shotgun.
Shotguns are among the most practical and versatile of weapons ever produced. In fact, the only things you really can’t do with them are concealed carry (at least not easily) and long-range shooting.
The reason shotguns are so versatile is because of their ammunition. You have a wide variety of options for defense, range use, and hunting alike.
Buckshot rounds are the predominant choice and are incredibly effective self-defense loads within close range, especially with 20 gauge and 12 gauge. Birdshot rounds are good for clay pigeon shooting, small game hunting, and bird hunting. Can they be used for self-defense, too? Yes, but they are far from the best option for that.
Finally, slugs can be used for big game hunting within moderate distances, though you’ll probably only be able to hunt small animals in urban areas. That being said, slugs can also be used effectively for self-defense, and again within reasonable distances.
Specifically, a mid-sized or compact 9mm Luger pistol with a large magazine capacity would be a good choice.
There are many reasons for this. For one thing, 9mm is by far the most common pistol caliber in existence. It is cheap, it is plentiful, and it is suitable for self-defense when using the proper loads.
As a compact or mid-sized pistol, the gun will also be easy to conceal on your person, and this is something invaluable to you especially if you don’t want hoodlums or cops seeing that you have a gun on you. It’s certainly an advantage that you would be unwise to overlook.
Finally, having a large magazine capacity reduces the number of reloads and enables you to engage multiple targets. People in an urban survival scenario are more likely to be working in groups of two if not significantly more.
For these reasons, a 9mm semi-automatic pistol with a large magazine capacity that is also small and light enough to be concealed is by far one of the most important weapons to have in a defensive scenario.
Keep in mind that a pistol can also be used as a general purpose sidearm or as a backup arm to your shotgun or rifle.
Del-Ton Core AR-15 – $400
There was a time when AR-15s were incredibly expensive and could only be had for about a grand or more, at least for a quality one.
But those days are long gone, and the budget AR-15 market has really been exploding since around 2014. The Del-Ton Core AR-15 is one example of a budget AR-15 that is made for the $500 mark or less. And online, they can sometimes be found for around $400.
Granted, this will be a very basic and no-frills AR-15 without very luxurious accessories. But then again, for less than five hundred bucks, who are you to complain?
Take note that the Del-Ton is hardly the only budget AR-15 in this price range. Far from it, in fact.
Anderson, DPMS, ATI, Ruger, and Smith & Wesson are all examples of manufacturers that make high-quality AR-15’s at a low and affordable price point.
Maverick 88 – $200
The Maverick 88 is a budget version of the Mossberg 500, which is one of the most popular and reputable shotguns ever made.
In fact, the Mossberg 590 was the only pump action shotgun to pass the U.S. military’s brutal torture tests in the 1980s.
While Mossberg 500s are already affordable and can be had for around $300, the Maverick 88 is around a hundred dollars or more cheaper if you’re really on a serious budget. As a pump action, it will feed just about anything and everything that you put through it.
Taurus G2C 9mm – $219
Without question, the Taurus G2C in 9mm is one of the best quality budget pistols on the market today.
The G2C is actually a development of the Taurus PT111 G2. The only difference between the two is that the G2C lacks the safety lock of the PT111 G2, which many people don’t like for a number of reasons.
The G2C is a reliable handgun that is compact and yet large enough to get a full firing grip over. As a result, it is suitable for both concealed carry or as a general purpose sidearm. It has a 12+1 capacity, so it has enough ammunition for you to defend yourself against multiple attackers if need be.
It also has very aggressive stippling on the grip for wet and slippery conditions, in addition to a loaded chamber indicator, a reversible magazine release, and a framed mounted thumb safety.
In conclusion, by now you should see that it is perfectly possible to put together an arsenal of quality guns to use in an urban survival scenario. It’s not like these are the greatest guns ever made, but they are without question quality guns and that’s what matters.
In addition to affordable guns, you’re going to need lots of ammo. All of this stuff can add up fast–to well over $1,000 if you’re not careful.
So before you buy another gun, you should join the National Gun Owners Association & Buyers Club. As a member, you get access to guns and ammo at wholesale pricing without having to get an FFL. There is a monthly fee, but the savings will make it pay for itself and then some in no time.
This article first appeared on urbansurvivalsite.com See it here
4 No Cook Meals For Surviving The Pandemic And Food Supply Shortages
When it comes to your food supply, you just can’t risk not having enough. These no cook meals will be a great addition to your food supply planning. Check out the recipes below!
No Cook Meals to Help You Through the Pandemic
As of the writing of this article, there are 20 meat processing plants that have been shut down due to COVID-19 infections. We have been worrying about these types of effects on our food supply for months now, and this is the first real sign of how infections can affect the food supply.
When you walk into a supermarket, you might not see all the choices you had in the past. An empty meat case is a humbling thing for your eyes to fall upon. It’s the shocking realization that the seemingly infinite supply of chickens, pigs, and cows that are butchered for us has begun to run dry!
To deal with this issue, we are going to present four no cook meals that will help you create dinners at home that will feed your family without worrying so much about what’s available, or unavailable, in the meat case.
1. Smashed White Bean, Avocado and Salted Pork Sandwiches
As preppers we get beans. There are a bunch of ways to use beans and this a great example of how you can pack a sandwich with great nutrition and protein.
Serving: Makes 4 sandwiches
- Can of White Beans
- Olive Oil
- 1 Avocado
- 8 Slices of Whole Grain Bread
- 8 Slices of Salted Pork (Prosciutto, Ham, Virginia Ham)
- Begin by draining your beans in a colander then smashing them up in a bowl add a few glugs of olive oil, salt, pepper. This little mix is delicious. If you add some minced rosemary, you can even turn this into a delicious dip.
- Pit your avocado and cut it in half and then quarters lengthwise. Leave the skin on.
- Lay the bread out on a clean work surface for assembling the sandwiches.
- Spread your mashed bean mix onto one side of the bread.
- Peel your avocados and slice 1 quarter for each sandwich. Spread slices over the bean spread.
- Add a few slices of your pork to over the top of the avocado.
- You can finish this sandwich with some lettuces, fresh sprouts, or just eat it as is.
2. Delicious Crab Salad
Canned crab is a protein option that will likely be around through much of this meat crisis. It does have to be kept in refrigeration, but it’s delicious and this chipotle mayo salad is great in the spring and summer.
- 1 Can of Crab Meat
- 1 Bunch of Asparagus
- Chipotle Mayo
- 1 Bunch of Green Onions
- 1 Bunch of Cilantro
- Drain your crab in a colander and set it in the sink.
- Slice your asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Throw them into a bowl.
- Thinly slice your onions and your cilantro and throw that into the bowl, as well.
- Gently toss in the crab meat.
- Squirt on enough Chipotle mayo to coat everything and toss gently not to break up the crab meat.
- Chill in the fridge and serve.
3. Simple Greek Salad
The combination of simple summer ingredients makes for an incredible quick salad that you could add other proteins, too, if you wanted. These could be canned meats.
- 2 Large Tomatoes
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Red Onion
- ¼ Cup of Feta Cheese
- A Few Sprigs of Fresh Mint
- ½ Cup of Kalamata Olives
- Balsamic Dressing
- I like to cut the tomatoes in large chunks and have them kind of be the main course in this salad. Peel and slice your cucumber in half. Remove the seeds and either dice or slice in half-moons.
- Peel and slice your red onion in half. Julienne your, or thinly slice, your half onion.
- Add all these ingredients to a bowl. Finely slice your mint.
- Add your olives, crumbled feta, and mint to the bowl and add enough dressing to coat everything.
- Stir it up and allow this to chill for at least an hour for the flavors to really blend.
4. Mediterranean Tuna Lettuce Wraps
Using some similar ingredients and adding a protein like tuna, you can create some delicious lettuce wraps. The key to a good lettuce wrap is to have most of the items around the same size. So, consider that when you are preparing this dish.
- Iceberg or Butter Lettuce
- Canned Artichokes
- Canned roasted Red peppers
- Fresh Cucumber
- Feta Cheese
- Minced Olives ¼ Cup
- 2 Cans of Tuna
- Green Onions
- Start by peeling all the full leaves from your lettuce. Set them on a plate either cover them with a wet paper towel or put them back into the fridge.
- Dice the peppers, artichokes, and cucumbers into cubes. Go no larger than ½ an inch.
- Thinly slice your green onions and basil and add them to a bowl with your diced vegetables. Add your loves to this bowl and mix them thoroughly.
- Crumble your feta cheese over the mixture.
- Drain your tuna thoroughly and then add that to the bowl, as well.
- Gently toss this mixture. Try not to break up the tuna and the cheese too much but incorporate it thoroughly.
- If you want, you can add some olive oil to the mix or a few glugs of balsamic vinegar. It’s also delicious just how it is.
- Scoop a few tablespoons into a lettuce leaf, wrap it up and eat up!
These no cook meals should help lessen the stress you feel when thinking of what to feed your family. If you don’t have the specific ingredients, use your creativity, and use what you have. You might discover a new recipe while you’re at it!
What’s your favorite no cook meal recipe? Please share it with us in the comments section!
- Essential Survival Fuel: No-Cook Overnight Oats
- Dehydrated Foods to Try This Weekend
- 13 Dried And Canned Foods With The Longest Shelf Lives
This Article Was First Found at survivallife.com Read The Original Article Here
Billionaire Whistle Blower: Wuhan Coronavirus Death Toll Is Over 50,000
- Exiled Chinese businessman Guo Wengui recently revealed leaks from Wuhan crematoriums. He claims based on the number of bodies their furnaces are burning, the death toll could be as high as 50,000.
A Chinese billionaire and whistleblower who lives in U.S. exile says Wuhan crematoriums have burned 50,000 coronavirus victims. | Credit: Chinatopix via AP
- The official coronavirus death toll in China is a little over 800. But an exiled Chinese businessman says crematoriums are leaking the real figure.
- A billionaire whistleblower alleges Wuhan has crematoriums working 24/7. He claims they’ve cremated some 50,000 coronavirus victims.
- Guo Wengui is a Chinese billionaire living in exile in the United States.
The official coronavirus death toll is some 800 people in China. The current official death toll worldwide, outside of China, is 774. But a Chinese billionaire with a history of blowing the whistle on his former government says the real figure is much higher.
Exiled Chinese businessman Guo Wengui recently revealed leaks from Wuhan crematoriums. He claims based on the number of bodies their furnaces are burning, the death toll could be as high as 50,000. Wengui made the bombshell allegations in an interview with former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon.
Whistleblower: 1.5 Million Coronavirus Cases In China, 50,000 Coronavirus Deaths In Wuhan
He also claims to have inside information that there are 1.5 million confirmed coronavirus cases in China. Wengui is emphatic that these are not merely quarantined or “under observation” but confirmed cases of coronavirus infection:
China has struggled to contain the coronavirus. But it has also struggled to contain public outcry against censorship and tight control of information. Dr. Li Wenliang, who sounded the alarm about the disease, succumbed to an infection and died this week. The Chinese government arrested him for blowing the whistle.
Then officials tried to suppress news of his death. Afterwards, millions of Chinese citizens saw the hashtag #IWantFreedomOfSpeech on Mandarin language social media. But the Chinese government censored that too.
Are Wengui’s Crematorium Claims Credible?
Watch VICE’s 2017 profile on Guo Wengui. At the time, he published bombshell documents alleging corruption in the Chinese government. He got the attention of the media and reportedly the U.S. State Department.
5 Types Of Ammunition To Stockpile For A Collapse
Every prepper knows it’s a great idea to stockpile ammunition when preparing for a major disaster.
You can use it for hunting, self-defense, or barter.
But which types of ammo should you stockpile?
If you plan on bartering, then you don’t want a bunch of calibers that nobody wants. And that’s just one consideration.
In this video, Reality Survival & Prepping talks about what he thinks are the 5 best types of ammunition to stockpile for a collapse.
Here are his picks:
- .22 LR – Very common, good for hunting small game, very light and small.
- 9mm Luger – Great for self-defense, fits in a wide variety of handguns.
- 5.56×45mm or .223 Remington – Also very common, cheap and effective.
- .308 Winchester – Widely used, works in AR10 and bolt-action platforms.
- 12 Gauge – You can do a lot with it — hunt, defend yourself, etc.
In the video below he makes a much more detailed case for each caliber. What do you think of this list?
This article first appeared on urbansurvivalsite.com See it here
- DIY6 years ago
DIY How to Make a Powerful Mini Foundry
- DIY3 years ago
Try these Cute Christmas Rock Painting ideas for Kids
- DIY6 years ago
DIY How to Build a 16 Brick Rocket Stove
- DIY6 years ago
DIY How to Build a Cabin in 7days for Under $5k
- Uncategorized3 years ago
Bug Out Cabin Tips | How To Build The Ultimate Survival Shelter
- DIY5 years ago
How To Make An Outdoor Kitchen Upcycled Pallet Outdoor Grill
- DIY6 years ago
DIY How to make a Speaker Ammo Can Boom Box
- DIY5 years ago
15 DIY PVC Projects You’ll Love