Arm yourself with the appropriate emergency survival kit to get through any of these difficult scenarios!
The Other Ways to Use an Emergency Survival Kit
Practical Emergency Prepping
Prepping and emergency preparedness don't make sense to many outside of the survival lifestyle. We all know how important our preps will be when SHTF, but the outsiders just don't get it.
They see our survival kits as bags that will sit on a shelf, awaiting a disaster that will never come. Well, we're here to prove them wrong.
Though we probably can't convince the doubters to believe in the catastrophes we prepare for, we can show them how important preps are for everyday disasters. Read on and find out how you can set your emergency survival kit list for everyday use.
The economy is so unstable that no one is truly safe in any position. With job security a thing of the past, any smart person will stock up in case they are no longer able to provide for their family.
Learning how to live without relying on the outside world for every little thing isn't just important for a survival situation, it's important in case you simply don't have the funds to rely on store-bought items any longer.
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Pam Lassiter
- Publisher: Ten Speed Press
$12.59 Buy Now Price incl. tax, excl. shipping
2. House Fire
In the event of a house fire, it is important that everyone in your home is well-trained in emergency procedures. Preparing for disaster can be as simple as making a plan with your family on how to get out of the house if there's a dangerous situation.
These plans aren't for a seemingly impossible, they're for a real and very possible threat to your family's safety.
- ABC Dry Chemical, Class A:B:C Extinguisher
- For use on Class A (ordinary combustibles), Class B (Flammable liquid) spills or Fires involving live electrical equipment (Class C)
- 10 sec. discharge time
$43.90 Buy Now Price incl. tax, excl. shipping
3. Minor Injuries
Staying stocked up on emergency first aid and in the know about good home remedies is very important for your everyday life. A good first aid kit will come in handy very often.
I'm not talking about a few bandages stashed under a sink somewhere you have to dig for in the event of an emergency. I mean a full-fledged emergency first aid kit. Being ready for some minor injuries is key to your health and safety.
- FREE SURVIVAL ITEMS & FIRST AID GUIDE WHEN YOU BUY ORIGINAL FROM SELLER "M2 BRANDS": Attach your kit to your equipment or gear with the bonus Carabiner + Compass, Emergency Blanket & Whistle. Also receive our exclusive First Aid Guide for tips on how to treat common injuries. Delivered via email.
- THIS KIT HAS OVER 1000 REVIEWS! – 300 PIECE FIRST AID KIT INCLUDES 40 UNIQUE ITEMS: Adhesive Bandage Strips (6 varieties), Abdominal Trauma, Eye Pads, Sterile Gauze Sponges/Rolls, Medical Tape, Alcohol Wipes, Povidone Iodine Wipes, Antiseptic Towelettes, Alcohol-Free Wound Cleansing Wipes, Cotton Tip Applicators, CPR Face Mask, Disposable Latex-Free Gloves, Instant Cold Compress, Medical Face Mask, Metal Scissors/Tweezers, Safety Pins, Tourniquet, Wooden Splints/Tongue Depressors
- PROTECT YOUR FAMILY & FRIENDS – ALWAYS BE PREPARED: M2 Basics 300-Piece First Aid Kits will keep you prepared for most common minor injuries or medical emergencies.
$26.88 Buy Now Price incl. tax, excl. shipping
4. Car Catastrophes
Staying stocked up on the essentials isn't just for your home but for your car as well. Keep an emergency kit for car use stashed in the back full of whatever you need in case of an emergency, or more often, a toddler having a tantrum. Staying stocked up and prepared is a good idea no matter where you are.
Sale 90 Reviews Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Max Convertible Car Seat (Night Black)
- This extra-comfortable, LATCH-equipped Maxi-Cosi car seat is the only premium convertible car seat that offers a first-class ride, rear-facing from 5 to 40 pounds and 22 to 85 pounds forward-facing.
- The ClipQuik auto-magnetic chest clip opens easily with one hand from the front, sliding together and locking on its own when you're securing your child.
- Keep straps out of the way for easy boarding with the handy harness holders, and the flip away buckle won't get in the way while your child gets in and out.
from $219.99 Buy Now Price incl. tax, excl. shipping
5. Car Trouble
Cars break down. Tires go flat. Engines overheat. Belts break. You name it, it can go wrong when you're out on the open road.
With this in mind, it seems crazy not to keep the best car emergency kit in your vehicle.
RELATED: How To Build An Urban Survival Kit
- AVAILABLE SIZES: 1 Gauge 25 Feet, 2 Gauge 25 Feet, 4 Gauge 12 Feet, 4 Gauge 25 Feet, 6 Gauge 12 Feet, 8 Gauge 12 Feet
- FEATURES: Heavy duty, tangle-free, easy to use booster cable with carrying case allows you to conveniently store this handy cable in your vehicle or garage when your vehicle requires the extra boost.
- COMPATIBLE: Work with most cars, vans, SUVs with 12 volt batteries. Instructions and warnings printed on the back of the carry case for your convenience and safety.
from $11.95 Buy Now Price incl. tax, excl. shipping
6. Natural Disasters
Depending on your area, the kinds of disasters to prepare for may be different. If you're likely to experience a tornado, you should be ready to batten down the hatches and hunker down.
If you're likely to experience a hurricane, you should be ready to evacuate. Either way, disaster preparedness will be your ticket to making it through a disaster.
Hurricane, wildfire, flooding, and many other things can lead to an emergency evacuation. When everyone else is running to the store to grab the last minute things they need to secure their homes and hit the road, you'll be ready to roll and out of there before traffic slows you down.
- Adjustable head support. Folds compactly for efficient storage.
- Molded Hand Grips. Heavy-duty seat restraint for patient safety.
- 4 ½ " Rear wheels for smoother transportation. 3 ½ " Front swivel wheels.
$961.99 Buy Now Price incl. tax, excl. shipping
8. Unexpected House Guests
Isn't this like a disaster of its own? When you're a little stocked up, you can rest easy knowing you have bedding, food, and extra supplies to accommodate your surprise visitors.
9. Emergency Last Minute Food
Maybe your fridge goes out in the night and your kids need lunch for school. Maybe you forgot you signed up to bring food to your club meeting.
Regardless, we've all been in a pinch and needed to throw together some food at the last minute. If you have extra stock on hand, you won't have to run to the store and waste valuable time. Though this isn't an essential need, it's just one more way prepping will help you in everyday life.
10. Power Outage
At it's best, power outages are annoying. At their worst, they can be downright scary.
If your lights go out, the stores shut down, your food goes bad and you don't have any emergency preps, what will you do? A little extra food and some basic emergency preparedness tools, such as a flashlight and some candles, will keep you much more comfortable in the case of a power outage.
Check out these practical items for an emergency survival kit by BudgetBugout:
Prepping for an emergency survival kit does not only apply to catastrophic scenarios. It also prepares you for some day-to-day needs that require immediate attention.
Car problems, minor injuries, and food issues are just a few examples of what you may need to resolve, so make it a point to be prepared whenever you find yourself in these situations.
Can you give more examples of everyday scenarios that make your emergency survival kit useful? Share them with us in the comments section below!
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on June 2, 2014, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.
This Article Was First Found at survivallife.com Read The Original Article Here