Ok so now that you have seen how cool the rocket grill is, next it is time to jump right into the stuff you you really want to get your hands on…
The step-by-step guide that will show exactly what you need and how to build the rocket grill so you can enjoy it with your friends and family and not to mention look like an authority or idolized by your neighbors. 🙂
Step 1: Tools and Materials
- Angle Grinder
- Grinding disc
- Cut-off disc
- Safety glasses, work gloves, welding gloves, Welding helmet, hearing protection
- Drill and drill bits
- OPTIONAL: Laser Level, Bubble Level
This project is made mostly from scrap metal, but will need several other parts.
Parts for the Grill itself:
- A Base. Something for the grill to stand on. Must be heat-proof. I used a scrap steel farm implement disc.
- Steel Pipe – Diameter of your choice, but will effect cooking size and fuel rate. I used 6.5 inch diameter scrap steel pipe. About 3 feet in length.
- Steel Water Tank. This becomes the “bowl” top of the grill and cooking surface area.
- 4 x pieces of small diameter steel pipe, about 6″ in length
- 2 x 90 degree pipe elbows of same diameter
- 2 x pipe flanges of same diameter
- 2 x pieces of flat material that you like to make side countertop surfaces
- Small scraps of steel plate
Parts for the lid of the grill:
- A piece of wood, species of your choice, sized for a lid handle.
- 2 x Carriage bolts (about 5″ long) with matching nuts and washers. Stainless steel is ideal, as these will be exposed to both heat and the elements. Plain steel is fine, lower cost alternative.
- 2 x pieces of copper or steel tube or pipe, slightly larger diameter and shorter length than the carriage bolts, to use as spacers.
- The top end of the water tank.
- Steel plate, about 6″ side by 12″ long. Perferations or slotted is ideal.
- JB Weld
- First, gather together your materials for the main section of the rocket grill.
- Large Diameter Pipe
- Water Tank
This Article Was Originally Posted on goodshomedesign.com Read The Original Article here