Bear Grylls Gerber Survival Kit Review
A Versatile and Useful Survival Kit at a Great Price
Trying to find the best survival kit on the market is hard. Which kit is best? Which kit has the most usable gear? Which is the cheapest, yet most effective? Which kit size should I get?
Frankly, I think just making your own survival kit may be best and easiest. However, the Bear Grylls Gerber Survival Kit is a nice little pocket kit. This kit can be purchased online or at your local Walmart store. It cost me about $20, which is well priced considering all the gear it includes.
The kit has a total of 11 items (although the box only lists 8.) These include:
- Carry case
- Waterproof Bag
- Waterproof matches
- Cotton ball (fire tinder)
- Gerber Paraframe Mini Knife
- Flint & steel fire starter
- Emergency cord
The emergency cord, string, and fire tinder (cotton ball)
- Emergency string
- Emergency whistle
- Bear Grylls Survival Guide
- Snare wire
Cons of the Kit
- The carry case zipper does not close up all the way.
- The kit comes with a cotton ball — seriously? A cotton ball costs a couple of cents. They can do better than that.
- The whistle looks and feels cheap, but it does what it needs to do.
- It has both flint and steel and matches. You don’t really need both.
- The snare wire seems too thin to trap anything larger than a squirrel. It is also made of copper, like electrical wire. I personally think that green 22 gauge floral wire, like the one shown below, would have been best for the kit.
Recommeneded snare wire. 270 feet of wire for $2
Pros of the Kit
- Comes with a sharp and strong knife that cost about $10 alone. Also comes with flint & steel which is priced alone at about $15. You get your money’s worth plus more.
- Nice and easy pocket carry.
- Has very usable and necessary gear.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Comes with a sharp-looking carrying case.
— Survival Life (@SurvivalLF) April 7, 2016
- You can place all your kit’s gear inside the waterproof bag then put the bag in the case.
- The Bear Grylls Survival Guide is made out of waterproof paper.
- Extra space to add more gear.
- The matches are very high-quality.
- This kit can literally save your life.
The pros of this kit outnumber the cons. It’s the best pocket survival kit on the market for the money, in my opinion. I give the kit 4 out of 5 stars!
If you’re looking for a pre-packaged survival kit, the Bear Grylls Gerber Survival Kit is a great option. But it’s always best to build your own kit so that you’re sure you have all of your preferred items and everything you need when SHTF. Click here to learn how to build your own survival kit.
This Article Was First Found at survivallife.com Read The Original Article Here