9 Urban Survival Tools To Get Before The SHTF
When a disaster strikes an urban area, there are all sorts of unexpected problems that require specific tools. For example, what if a gas line breaks and your home starts filling up with dangerous, flammable gases? You’ll need a gas shutoff tool in order to turn the gas valve.
Or what if someone is trapped under debris in a locked room? You’ll need a prybar or a sledgehammer to get through the door and reach them. Or what if you need lifesaving medicine that is behind lock and key in an abandoned pharmacy? You’ll need a lockpick to get inside.
That’s just a couple examples of tools you might need to survive an urban disaster. If you live in the city, you’d be wise to get these tools ahead of time so you’ll have them when you need them. Here are nine urban survival tools to get before it’s too late.
1. Lockpick Kit
Both during and after a major disaster, your survival may depend on your ability to access certain buildings. While looting or breaking into occupied buildings is never advisable – both for moral reasons and the simple fact that you may end getting shot – the reality is that many buildings are going to be abandoned when a disaster strikes.
Having a lockpick kit and knowing how to use it means these building and the supplies within them will always be accessible to you. Those supplies may be crucial to both help you survive a disaster and help you rebuild after it’s over.
2. Rescue Card
A rescue card is a multi-purpose tool that is as slim as a credit card and designed to be easily stored inside your purse or wallet. This tool includes things such as a blade, a wrench, nine feet of paracord, a screwdriver, a can opener, and more.
You never know when you might need one of these tools during and after a disaster, and carrying a rescue card with you means you’ll always have them no matter where you are or what you’re doing.
3. Entrenching Tool
An entrenching tool is a special kind of shovel that is designed to be incredibly compact as well as incredibly versatile thanks to its extra features which you won’t find on an ordinary shovel. These features include things such as a saw blade, a screwdriver, the ability to flip the shovel head to turn it into a gardening hoe, and more.
Rebuilding after a disaster often requires a great deal of dirty work, and an entrenching tool enables you to complete many of these jobs using just one multi-purpose tool.
4. Power Bank/Jump Starter
No matter what type of disaster you’re facing, a scarcity of electrical power is almost certainly going to be one of the consequences. You can use a generator to power your home, but having a power bank means you’ll be able to charge essential items on the go as well.
If you purchase a power bank that also doubles as a jump starter, you’ll be able to jump-start your own vehicle, jump-start a vehicle for someone else, or jump-start a vehicle that you find abandoned on the side of the road. It’s a useful ability that could prove to be lifesaving both during and after a disaster.
5. Auto Bailout Tool
An auto bailout tool is a great tool to keep on your person regardless of whether you’re preparing for a disaster. If you get in a bad wreck, having the ability to cut your seatbelt and break the glass of your window or windshield may be the only way for you to escape the wreckage if no help comes in time.
An auto bailout tool also has an emergency whistle to help you signal for help once you’ve escaped. Since the likelihood of having a wreck goes up dramatically during the chaos of a major disaster and the likelihood that someone will be able to help you goes down dramatically as well, it’s important that you have a tool that will enable you to take care of yourself after an accident.
6. Multibit Screwdriver
Wouldn’t it be nice if everything was built using the same type of screw, allowing you to repair, assemble, and disassemble most anything using a single screwdriver? Since this isn’t the reality, and there are dozens of different types of screw heads, the best thing you can do is purchase a multibit screwdriver that enables you to work with each one.
With a multibit screwdriver, you’ll be able to store every commonly used screwdriver bit within the tool’s handle. As you go about making repairs after a disaster, this may end up being the tool you turn to more than any other.
7. Demolition Tool
Often times, demolition plays an important role in rebuilding. Of course, tearing through wood, concrete, steel, and glass is easier said than done, so you’ll want to have the right tool for the job.
A demolition tool is a multipurpose tool that combines things such as an ax, a sledgehammer, and a prybar into a single tool. It’s the ultimate instrument of demolition, enabling you to do things such as tear through wreckage to free someone, break into an abandoned building, and much more.
8. Gas/Water Shutoff Tool
A major disaster can make a wreck of the plumbing in your home, flooding your home with water and/or filling it with dangerous gases. Therefore, one of the first things that you should do if a disaster destroys your home’s plumbing it to shut off the water and gas.
To do this, you’ll need a gas/water shutoff tool. Shutting off the water or gas to your home isn’t exactly easy, but with the right tool, it can be done quickly.
9. Tread Bracelet
A tread bracelet turns some of the most useful tools into a fashion accessory that you can wear at all times, ensuring you will have the tools you need no matter where you go.
By combining various screwdriver heads into a bracelet, a tread bracelet enables you to essentially wear a multi-bit screwdriver on your wrist. Best of all, it looks great, and chances are that no one will ever even realize that your bracelet is, in fact, a very useful tool.
This article first appeared on urbansurvivalsite.com See it here
4 No Cook Meals For Surviving The Pandemic And Food Supply Shortages
When it comes to your food supply, you just can’t risk not having enough. These no cook meals will be a great addition to your food supply planning. Check out the recipes below!
No Cook Meals to Help You Through the Pandemic
As of the writing of this article, there are 20 meat processing plants that have been shut down due to COVID-19 infections. We have been worrying about these types of effects on our food supply for months now, and this is the first real sign of how infections can affect the food supply.
When you walk into a supermarket, you might not see all the choices you had in the past. An empty meat case is a humbling thing for your eyes to fall upon. It’s the shocking realization that the seemingly infinite supply of chickens, pigs, and cows that are butchered for us has begun to run dry!
To deal with this issue, we are going to present four no cook meals that will help you create dinners at home that will feed your family without worrying so much about what’s available, or unavailable, in the meat case.
1. Smashed White Bean, Avocado and Salted Pork Sandwiches
As preppers we get beans. There are a bunch of ways to use beans and this a great example of how you can pack a sandwich with great nutrition and protein.
Serving: Makes 4 sandwiches
- Can of White Beans
- Olive Oil
- 1 Avocado
- 8 Slices of Whole Grain Bread
- 8 Slices of Salted Pork (Prosciutto, Ham, Virginia Ham)
- Begin by draining your beans in a colander then smashing them up in a bowl add a few glugs of olive oil, salt, pepper. This little mix is delicious. If you add some minced rosemary, you can even turn this into a delicious dip.
- Pit your avocado and cut it in half and then quarters lengthwise. Leave the skin on.
- Lay the bread out on a clean work surface for assembling the sandwiches.
- Spread your mashed bean mix onto one side of the bread.
- Peel your avocados and slice 1 quarter for each sandwich. Spread slices over the bean spread.
- Add a few slices of your pork to over the top of the avocado.
- You can finish this sandwich with some lettuces, fresh sprouts, or just eat it as is.
2. Delicious Crab Salad
Canned crab is a protein option that will likely be around through much of this meat crisis. It does have to be kept in refrigeration, but it’s delicious and this chipotle mayo salad is great in the spring and summer.
- 1 Can of Crab Meat
- 1 Bunch of Asparagus
- Chipotle Mayo
- 1 Bunch of Green Onions
- 1 Bunch of Cilantro
- Drain your crab in a colander and set it in the sink.
- Slice your asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Throw them into a bowl.
- Thinly slice your onions and your cilantro and throw that into the bowl, as well.
- Gently toss in the crab meat.
- Squirt on enough Chipotle mayo to coat everything and toss gently not to break up the crab meat.
- Chill in the fridge and serve.
3. Simple Greek Salad
The combination of simple summer ingredients makes for an incredible quick salad that you could add other proteins, too, if you wanted. These could be canned meats.
- 2 Large Tomatoes
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Red Onion
- ¼ Cup of Feta Cheese
- A Few Sprigs of Fresh Mint
- ½ Cup of Kalamata Olives
- Balsamic Dressing
- I like to cut the tomatoes in large chunks and have them kind of be the main course in this salad. Peel and slice your cucumber in half. Remove the seeds and either dice or slice in half-moons.
- Peel and slice your red onion in half. Julienne your, or thinly slice, your half onion.
- Add all these ingredients to a bowl. Finely slice your mint.
- Add your olives, crumbled feta, and mint to the bowl and add enough dressing to coat everything.
- Stir it up and allow this to chill for at least an hour for the flavors to really blend.
4. Mediterranean Tuna Lettuce Wraps
Using some similar ingredients and adding a protein like tuna, you can create some delicious lettuce wraps. The key to a good lettuce wrap is to have most of the items around the same size. So, consider that when you are preparing this dish.
- Iceberg or Butter Lettuce
- Canned Artichokes
- Canned roasted Red peppers
- Fresh Cucumber
- Feta Cheese
- Minced Olives ¼ Cup
- 2 Cans of Tuna
- Green Onions
- Start by peeling all the full leaves from your lettuce. Set them on a plate either cover them with a wet paper towel or put them back into the fridge.
- Dice the peppers, artichokes, and cucumbers into cubes. Go no larger than ½ an inch.
- Thinly slice your green onions and basil and add them to a bowl with your diced vegetables. Add your loves to this bowl and mix them thoroughly.
- Crumble your feta cheese over the mixture.
- Drain your tuna thoroughly and then add that to the bowl, as well.
- Gently toss this mixture. Try not to break up the tuna and the cheese too much but incorporate it thoroughly.
- If you want, you can add some olive oil to the mix or a few glugs of balsamic vinegar. It’s also delicious just how it is.
- Scoop a few tablespoons into a lettuce leaf, wrap it up and eat up!
These no cook meals should help lessen the stress you feel when thinking of what to feed your family. If you don’t have the specific ingredients, use your creativity, and use what you have. You might discover a new recipe while you’re at it!
What’s your favorite no cook meal recipe? Please share it with us in the comments section!
- Essential Survival Fuel: No-Cook Overnight Oats
- Dehydrated Foods to Try This Weekend
- 13 Dried And Canned Foods With The Longest Shelf Lives
This Article Was First Found at survivallife.com Read The Original Article Here
Billionaire Whistle Blower: Wuhan Coronavirus Death Toll Is Over 50,000
- Exiled Chinese businessman Guo Wengui recently revealed leaks from Wuhan crematoriums. He claims based on the number of bodies their furnaces are burning, the death toll could be as high as 50,000.
A Chinese billionaire and whistleblower who lives in U.S. exile says Wuhan crematoriums have burned 50,000 coronavirus victims. | Credit: Chinatopix via AP
- The official coronavirus death toll in China is a little over 800. But an exiled Chinese businessman says crematoriums are leaking the real figure.
- A billionaire whistleblower alleges Wuhan has crematoriums working 24/7. He claims they’ve cremated some 50,000 coronavirus victims.
- Guo Wengui is a Chinese billionaire living in exile in the United States.
The official coronavirus death toll is some 800 people in China. The current official death toll worldwide, outside of China, is 774. But a Chinese billionaire with a history of blowing the whistle on his former government says the real figure is much higher.
Exiled Chinese businessman Guo Wengui recently revealed leaks from Wuhan crematoriums. He claims based on the number of bodies their furnaces are burning, the death toll could be as high as 50,000. Wengui made the bombshell allegations in an interview with former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon.
Whistleblower: 1.5 Million Coronavirus Cases In China, 50,000 Coronavirus Deaths In Wuhan
He also claims to have inside information that there are 1.5 million confirmed coronavirus cases in China. Wengui is emphatic that these are not merely quarantined or “under observation” but confirmed cases of coronavirus infection:
China has struggled to contain the coronavirus. But it has also struggled to contain public outcry against censorship and tight control of information. Dr. Li Wenliang, who sounded the alarm about the disease, succumbed to an infection and died this week. The Chinese government arrested him for blowing the whistle.
Then officials tried to suppress news of his death. Afterwards, millions of Chinese citizens saw the hashtag #IWantFreedomOfSpeech on Mandarin language social media. But the Chinese government censored that too.
Are Wengui’s Crematorium Claims Credible?
Watch VICE’s 2017 profile on Guo Wengui. At the time, he published bombshell documents alleging corruption in the Chinese government. He got the attention of the media and reportedly the U.S. State Department.
5 Types Of Ammunition To Stockpile For A Collapse
Every prepper knows it’s a great idea to stockpile ammunition when preparing for a major disaster.
You can use it for hunting, self-defense, or barter.
But which types of ammo should you stockpile?
If you plan on bartering, then you don’t want a bunch of calibers that nobody wants. And that’s just one consideration.
In this video, Reality Survival & Prepping talks about what he thinks are the 5 best types of ammunition to stockpile for a collapse.
Here are his picks:
- .22 LR – Very common, good for hunting small game, very light and small.
- 9mm Luger – Great for self-defense, fits in a wide variety of handguns.
- 5.56×45mm or .223 Remington – Also very common, cheap and effective.
- .308 Winchester – Widely used, works in AR10 and bolt-action platforms.
- 12 Gauge – You can do a lot with it — hunt, defend yourself, etc.
In the video below he makes a much more detailed case for each caliber. What do you think of this list?
This article first appeared on urbansurvivalsite.com See it here
THIS TERRIFYING BIBLE PROPHECY IS UNFOLDING BEFORE OUR EYES! >>Click Here to See it Now<<
- DIY7 years ago
DIY How to Make a Powerful Mini Foundry
- DIY7 years ago
DIY How to Build a Cabin in 7days for Under $5k
- DIY4 years ago
Try these Cute Christmas Rock Painting ideas for Kids
- DIY6 years ago
Pillow Floor Lounger
- DIY6 years ago
15 DIY PVC Projects You’ll Love
- DIY6 years ago
How To Make An Outdoor Kitchen Upcycled Pallet Outdoor Grill
- Uncategorized5 years ago
Bug Out Cabin Tips | How To Build The Ultimate Survival Shelter
- DIY7 years ago
DIY How to Build a 16 Brick Rocket Stove