If you’re reading this article, it’s safe to say that you’ve been doing some research on the best prepper items for Fathers Day, which means you’ve no doubt seen countless recommendations for everything from knives to flashlights to fire starting materials and so forth.
All of those are okay gift ideas for Father’s Day, but let’s face it: if the guy you’re shopping for is a prepper, he probably already has those things. You need to find him some survival gear that is cool, useful, and unique–something he definitely doesn’t have. And that’s where this article comes in.
Here are some unique Father’s Day gifts for preppers (in alphabetical order):
The Battery ResQ is a power bank reserve that can be used either at home or in your car. It comes in a zip-up case and includes a set of cables will allow you to power up virtually any portable electronic device such as phones or tablets or GPS devices.
You can even use it to jumpstart your car if you have to, and the company claims it can even be used to jumpstart a small airplane. To sum up, the Battery ResQ will be a great way to keep your devices charged if you are ever cut off from a traditional power source.
The EasyPower USB Battery can be plugged into anything from a USB equipped TV to a computer to a portable power bank (like the Battery ResQ that we talked about previously) to a car’s USB port and so on.
The USB Battery is designed to recharge anything and everything with a USB port when you are cut off from a power outlet. Or if you want, you can just close the top and use it as a regular AA battery.
To charge it up, just pop open the USB end of the EasyPower and locate a charger (regular or solar-powered).
The Execution Torch is a flashlight that can also double as a self-defense weapon. Built out of an extremely durable aluminum body, the end of the light features a very sharp crenulated bezel that can be used to strike an attacker and deal a lot of damage.
But that’s just the beginning. The Execution Torch is also a stun gun that will knock attackers on their butts in an instant. The sound alone is intimidating. Meanwhile, the bulb of the Execution Torch will shine for over one hundred thousand hours and shines very brightly to the point that it can temporarily disorient an attacker as well.
Overall, for a flashlight that is equally as useful for everyday use as it is for defense, the Execution Torch is a great way to go.
Most preppers have an emergency radio, but few of them have anything like the Kaito Pocket Radio. It is so small and light that it easily fits in your pocket.
And despite its small size, it’s a multifunctional solar and hand crank radio featuring an LED flashlight, and a cell phone charger.
It’s powered with a 5V standard USB four-way powered lantern for both casual outdoor use and for disaster situations. Finally, the Kaito Pocket Radio also features a built-in speaker and telescopic antenna, which will create excellent sound and reception.
Here’s one of the most overlooked items when it comes to survival: a personal locator beacon that you bring along when going out into the woods. This way, if you ever do get lost or seriously injured, you’ll still be comforted knowing that the authorities are on their way to help you.
The ACR 2880 Personal Locator Beacon comes pre-programmed with registration for the United States country code, meaning that it can function virtually anywhere on the planet. However, you can still get registration outside of the United States as well, and you’ll be able to register it in the country of your choice. If you do opt to have it registered within the United States, the United States Search & Rescue authorities will serve as the initial point of contact.
Take note that this item is only meant to be used in the truly worst of circumstances where one’s life could be in imminent danger. It should not be used for false alerts, or else you could face a penalty for misuse of the item.
All preppers should have this tool in their wallets. It’s basically just a hunk of metal, but its design includes:
- Knife edge and saw blade
- Can & bottle opener
- 2 rulers and right triangle
- Smartphone stand & nail puller
- Cable bender and peeler
- Multiple screwdrivers and wrench sizes
- Lanyard and nail file
- Fruit & veggie peeler
- Letter and box opener
This gift set also includes a firestarter, emergency whistle, carabiner, money clip, and a user guide. Even father’s who aren’t preppers would love a gift like this.
Another flashlight to consider is the Roadside HERO. Featuring a 2,000 mAh rechargeable battery that also doubles as a portable charger for electronic devices, the HERO can also be used to break through windows to help escape a vehicle.
It also features a seatbelt cutter to help escape as well, and the built-in power bank can be used to recharge a phone or tablet very quickly. Favored by firefighters, the Roadside HERO belongs to be in every vehicle.
Everybody needs a pen, so why not get a pen that can also be used as a flashlight, bottle opener, and window breaker as well? That’s exactly what this pen can do.
Additionally, it’s made of aircraft grade aluminum so you know it will stand the test of time. It comes with two extra refillable ink cartridges and an extra flashlight battery. Any father would love to own a pen like this.
What if there was a tool that as a pry bar, a hammer, an ax, and a nail puller all in one? That’s exactly what this is, and to top it off, it’s built right here in the United States.
The Off Grid Tools Trucker’s Friend can be used to hammer nails or hack down branches or pry loose nails or chip away at ice or pry open doors and so on. It features a fiberglass handle and a shock absorbing power grip for good ergonomics, along with a hardened carbon steel build for superior long term durability.
Hopefully, this article has provided you with some great prepper and survival gift ideas for Father’s Day.
You May Also Like:
This article first appeared on urbansurvivalsite.com See it here
4 No Cook Meals For Surviving The Pandemic And Food Supply Shortages
When it comes to your food supply, you just can’t risk not having enough. These no cook meals will be a great addition to your food supply planning. Check out the recipes below!
No Cook Meals to Help You Through the Pandemic
As of the writing of this article, there are 20 meat processing plants that have been shut down due to COVID-19 infections. We have been worrying about these types of effects on our food supply for months now, and this is the first real sign of how infections can affect the food supply.
When you walk into a supermarket, you might not see all the choices you had in the past. An empty meat case is a humbling thing for your eyes to fall upon. It’s the shocking realization that the seemingly infinite supply of chickens, pigs, and cows that are butchered for us has begun to run dry!
To deal with this issue, we are going to present four no cook meals that will help you create dinners at home that will feed your family without worrying so much about what’s available, or unavailable, in the meat case.
1. Smashed White Bean, Avocado and Salted Pork Sandwiches
As preppers we get beans. There are a bunch of ways to use beans and this a great example of how you can pack a sandwich with great nutrition and protein.
Serving: Makes 4 sandwiches
- Can of White Beans
- Olive Oil
- 1 Avocado
- 8 Slices of Whole Grain Bread
- 8 Slices of Salted Pork (Prosciutto, Ham, Virginia Ham)
- Begin by draining your beans in a colander then smashing them up in a bowl add a few glugs of olive oil, salt, pepper. This little mix is delicious. If you add some minced rosemary, you can even turn this into a delicious dip.
- Pit your avocado and cut it in half and then quarters lengthwise. Leave the skin on.
- Lay the bread out on a clean work surface for assembling the sandwiches.
- Spread your mashed bean mix onto one side of the bread.
- Peel your avocados and slice 1 quarter for each sandwich. Spread slices over the bean spread.
- Add a few slices of your pork to over the top of the avocado.
- You can finish this sandwich with some lettuces, fresh sprouts, or just eat it as is.
2. Delicious Crab Salad
Canned crab is a protein option that will likely be around through much of this meat crisis. It does have to be kept in refrigeration, but it’s delicious and this chipotle mayo salad is great in the spring and summer.
- 1 Can of Crab Meat
- 1 Bunch of Asparagus
- Chipotle Mayo
- 1 Bunch of Green Onions
- 1 Bunch of Cilantro
- Drain your crab in a colander and set it in the sink.
- Slice your asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Throw them into a bowl.
- Thinly slice your onions and your cilantro and throw that into the bowl, as well.
- Gently toss in the crab meat.
- Squirt on enough Chipotle mayo to coat everything and toss gently not to break up the crab meat.
- Chill in the fridge and serve.
3. Simple Greek Salad
The combination of simple summer ingredients makes for an incredible quick salad that you could add other proteins, too, if you wanted. These could be canned meats.
- 2 Large Tomatoes
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Red Onion
- ¼ Cup of Feta Cheese
- A Few Sprigs of Fresh Mint
- ½ Cup of Kalamata Olives
- Balsamic Dressing
- I like to cut the tomatoes in large chunks and have them kind of be the main course in this salad. Peel and slice your cucumber in half. Remove the seeds and either dice or slice in half-moons.
- Peel and slice your red onion in half. Julienne your, or thinly slice, your half onion.
- Add all these ingredients to a bowl. Finely slice your mint.
- Add your olives, crumbled feta, and mint to the bowl and add enough dressing to coat everything.
- Stir it up and allow this to chill for at least an hour for the flavors to really blend.
4. Mediterranean Tuna Lettuce Wraps
Using some similar ingredients and adding a protein like tuna, you can create some delicious lettuce wraps. The key to a good lettuce wrap is to have most of the items around the same size. So, consider that when you are preparing this dish.
- Iceberg or Butter Lettuce
- Canned Artichokes
- Canned roasted Red peppers
- Fresh Cucumber
- Feta Cheese
- Minced Olives ¼ Cup
- 2 Cans of Tuna
- Green Onions
- Start by peeling all the full leaves from your lettuce. Set them on a plate either cover them with a wet paper towel or put them back into the fridge.
- Dice the peppers, artichokes, and cucumbers into cubes. Go no larger than ½ an inch.
- Thinly slice your green onions and basil and add them to a bowl with your diced vegetables. Add your loves to this bowl and mix them thoroughly.
- Crumble your feta cheese over the mixture.
- Drain your tuna thoroughly and then add that to the bowl, as well.
- Gently toss this mixture. Try not to break up the tuna and the cheese too much but incorporate it thoroughly.
- If you want, you can add some olive oil to the mix or a few glugs of balsamic vinegar. It’s also delicious just how it is.
- Scoop a few tablespoons into a lettuce leaf, wrap it up and eat up!
These no cook meals should help lessen the stress you feel when thinking of what to feed your family. If you don’t have the specific ingredients, use your creativity, and use what you have. You might discover a new recipe while you’re at it!
What’s your favorite no cook meal recipe? Please share it with us in the comments section!
- Essential Survival Fuel: No-Cook Overnight Oats
- Dehydrated Foods to Try This Weekend
- 13 Dried And Canned Foods With The Longest Shelf Lives
This Article Was First Found at survivallife.com Read The Original Article Here
Billionaire Whistle Blower: Wuhan Coronavirus Death Toll Is Over 50,000
- Exiled Chinese businessman Guo Wengui recently revealed leaks from Wuhan crematoriums. He claims based on the number of bodies their furnaces are burning, the death toll could be as high as 50,000.
A Chinese billionaire and whistleblower who lives in U.S. exile says Wuhan crematoriums have burned 50,000 coronavirus victims. | Credit: Chinatopix via AP
- The official coronavirus death toll in China is a little over 800. But an exiled Chinese businessman says crematoriums are leaking the real figure.
- A billionaire whistleblower alleges Wuhan has crematoriums working 24/7. He claims they’ve cremated some 50,000 coronavirus victims.
- Guo Wengui is a Chinese billionaire living in exile in the United States.
The official coronavirus death toll is some 800 people in China. The current official death toll worldwide, outside of China, is 774. But a Chinese billionaire with a history of blowing the whistle on his former government says the real figure is much higher.
Exiled Chinese businessman Guo Wengui recently revealed leaks from Wuhan crematoriums. He claims based on the number of bodies their furnaces are burning, the death toll could be as high as 50,000. Wengui made the bombshell allegations in an interview with former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon.
Whistleblower: 1.5 Million Coronavirus Cases In China, 50,000 Coronavirus Deaths In Wuhan
He also claims to have inside information that there are 1.5 million confirmed coronavirus cases in China. Wengui is emphatic that these are not merely quarantined or “under observation” but confirmed cases of coronavirus infection:
China has struggled to contain the coronavirus. But it has also struggled to contain public outcry against censorship and tight control of information. Dr. Li Wenliang, who sounded the alarm about the disease, succumbed to an infection and died this week. The Chinese government arrested him for blowing the whistle.
Then officials tried to suppress news of his death. Afterwards, millions of Chinese citizens saw the hashtag #IWantFreedomOfSpeech on Mandarin language social media. But the Chinese government censored that too.
Are Wengui’s Crematorium Claims Credible?
Watch VICE’s 2017 profile on Guo Wengui. At the time, he published bombshell documents alleging corruption in the Chinese government. He got the attention of the media and reportedly the U.S. State Department.
5 Types Of Ammunition To Stockpile For A Collapse
Every prepper knows it’s a great idea to stockpile ammunition when preparing for a major disaster.
You can use it for hunting, self-defense, or barter.
But which types of ammo should you stockpile?
If you plan on bartering, then you don’t want a bunch of calibers that nobody wants. And that’s just one consideration.
In this video, Reality Survival & Prepping talks about what he thinks are the 5 best types of ammunition to stockpile for a collapse.
Here are his picks:
- .22 LR – Very common, good for hunting small game, very light and small.
- 9mm Luger – Great for self-defense, fits in a wide variety of handguns.
- 5.56×45mm or .223 Remington – Also very common, cheap and effective.
- .308 Winchester – Widely used, works in AR10 and bolt-action platforms.
- 12 Gauge – You can do a lot with it — hunt, defend yourself, etc.
In the video below he makes a much more detailed case for each caliber. What do you think of this list?
This article first appeared on urbansurvivalsite.com See it here
- DIY7 years ago
DIY How to Make a Powerful Mini Foundry
- DIY7 years ago
DIY How to Build a Cabin in 7days for Under $5k
- DIY4 years ago
Try these Cute Christmas Rock Painting ideas for Kids
- DIY6 years ago
Pillow Floor Lounger
- Uncategorized4 years ago
Bug Out Cabin Tips | How To Build The Ultimate Survival Shelter
- DIY6 years ago
15 DIY PVC Projects You’ll Love
- DIY6 years ago
How To Make An Outdoor Kitchen Upcycled Pallet Outdoor Grill
- DIY7 years ago
DIY How to Build a 16 Brick Rocket Stove