What is glycerin exactly? It is a liquid, organic compound made of hydrogen, carbon, and oxygen. It’s thick, odorless, and colorless and is used in a wide range of beauty products such as moisturizers, soaps, and more. Glycerin is also used in the printing industry, pharmaceuticals, and food as a sweetening agent.
Glycerin | 9 Uses That Will Surely Amaze You
When you buy glycerin, it is important to know that there are 2 varieties. The first variety is a natural one which is derived from plant oils. The second variety is a synthetic which is derived from petroleum based oils. The natural one is toxic free and safe to use. Synthetic glycerin can harm your body.
There are many uses for glycerin and in today’s article, I will cover 9 amazing uses such as:
- Helps To Improve Psoriasis And Eczema
- Acts As A Skin Moisturizer
- Acts As A Skin Toner
- Acts As A Lip Moisturizer
- Remedy For Cracked Heels
- Helps To Reduce Skin Aging
- Treats Mouth Ulcers
- Gives Your Nails A Brighter Look
- Helps To Prevent Frizzy Hair
Let’s get started!
1. Helps To Improve Psoriasis And Eczema
Glycerin helps to form a barrier on the skin which helps to lock in moisture. It also helps to keep toxins from entering the skin. The combination of the two helps to greatly reduce inflammation associated with these skin conditions.
How to use for psoriasis on the scalp:
- Combine equal parts of glycerin and aloe vera gel and leave on the scalp for 30 minutes.
- Next, shower as normal.
This process can be done 2-3 times a week until you see that the condition has improved.
- Combine equal parts of glycerin and water.
- Using a cotton ball, apply this mixture to the affected areas and leave on for 15 minutes.
- Next, rinse the affected area with warm water.
For best results, this should be done twice a week.
2. Acts As A Skin Moisturizer
The humectant properties help keep moisture locked in which makes for really smooth skin!
How to use as a moisturizer:
- Generously apply glycerin to your skin, making sure to cover those areas that may be extra dry.
- Leave on for a few hours.
- Rinse off with warm water.
This can be done 2 or 3 times a week.
3. Acts As A Skin Toner
Glycerin is a great facial toner, especially for those who may suffer from dry skin. It also helps to improve the pH levels in your skin which, in turn, helps to reduce the appearance of scars.
How to use as a facial toner:
- Mix thoroughly 1 teaspoon of glycerin with 2 tablespoons of rose water.
- Add mixture to spray bottle.
- Wash your face as normal.
- Spray the toner onto your face and apply moisturizer.
This can be done daily. This mixture should be kept in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
4. Acts As A Lip Moisturizer
Other than lip balm, applying glycerin to your lips will make them extra soft and keeps them hydrated.
How to use as a lip moisturizer:
- Combine equal amounts of glycerin and rose water.
- Apply this mixture to your lips a few times every day to keep them soft and hydrated.
5. Remedy For Cracked Heels
Glycerin is an extremely effective remedy for dry and cracked heels!
How to use for dry and cracked heels:
- Soak your feet in warm, soapy water for 5 minutes.
- Using a loofah, scrub your feet to remove any dead skin.
- Pat dry.
- Apply and massage onto your heels for 5 minutes.
- Put on socks and leave overnight.
- When you wake the following morning, rinse feet with warm water.
This can be done daily to achieve best results.
6. Helps To Reduce Skin Aging
Glycerin is an effective remedy for maintaining that youthful look!
How to use to reduce skin aging:
- Combine 1 teaspoon of glycerin and 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil.
- Gently massage this mixture onto your face and neck area.
- After 15 minutes, rinse with warm water.
For best results, this should be done nightly before bed.
7. Treats Mouth Ulcers
Glycerin is a quick and effective way to help treat mouth ulcers.
How to use to help treat mouth ulcers:
- Using a cotton ball, dab a small amount of glycerin onto the affected area.
- Allow the glycerin to remain on the affected area for at least 30 minutes.
- Rinse your mouth with cool water.
For best results, this should be done 3 or 4 times a day.
8. Gives Your Nails A Brighter Look
After frequent use of nail polish, your nails can start to become dry. Glycerin is an effective way to moisturize them, making them look healthy and bright.
How to use on your nails:
- Combine 2 tablespoons of rose water with 2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide (3%) into a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of glycerin and mix well.
- Using a cotton ball, rub a generous amount of this mixture onto your nail.
- After 10 minutes, rinse with warm water.
This can be 2-3 times a week.
9. Helps To Prevent Frizzy Hair
If you constantly battle with frizzy hair, try this very effective remedy.
How to use to help prevent frizzy hair:
- Dampen your hair and apply glycerin.
- After a few minutes, wash your hair as normal.
For smooth and healthy hair, this can be done 2-3 times a week.
Health is Wealth shows a video on the top 10 uses of Glycerine for skin and hair care.
Do you use glycerin around your home? Share your favorite use in the comments section below.
- Health Benefits And Uses For Organic Beeswax
- Castor Oil Uses | What Can It Do For You and Why Should You Care?
- 23 Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar | Home Remedies & Apple Cider Vinegar Uses
The contents of this article are for informational purposes only. Please read our full disclaimer.
This Article Was Found On pioneersettler.com Read the Original Article