This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I'll earn a small fee at no extra cost to you.*
Previously, when it came to gun storage, you had to choose between keeping your guns secure (by keeping them in an actual gun safe) or keeping them concealed somewhere in your home. But as the firearms industry has grown, so has the number of firearm storage options, and today you no longer have to choose between those two. Now you can keep your firearms in a safe that is completely concealed from burglars and looters.
Keeping your firearms and other valuables secured in a safe is very important. It denies access to those who shouldn’t have them and it protects them from fire and water damage. But at the same time, most gun safes are hardly concealable, and any determined group of burglars who break into your home when you’re not there can just haul away the entire safe and everything in it.
Yes, some safes can be bolted to the floor or walls, but you may have better peace of mind by investing in a safe that can be hidden. To that end, here are eight safes that are designed to be hidden around the house.
One of the most concealable gun storage options in existence is the Covert Cabinets Wall Self. After all, what burglar is seriously going to think that a shelf is concealing a gun or two?
The Covert Cabinets Wall Shelf is basically a small-sized shelf with a compartment that opens up at the bottom to store your gun, flashlight, knife, spare ammunition, and whatever else you want to have in there.
The bottom of the shelf opens via a gas spring which helps to keep the shelf in place when it opens up rather than allowing everything to fly around needlessly.
The big negative to this shelf is that the compartment for your weapons is small, measuring just over thirteen inches long and eight inches wide and with a total weight limit of twenty pounds. At best, you’ll only be able to get one or two handguns in there, though you should also be able to fit in spare ammo and a flashlight.
This safe is designed to be hidden in a recessed part of your wall for optimum concealment. As the name suggests, you access the inside of the safe via digital entry, using a PIN number that can be anywhere from three to eight digits long.
It is constructed out of solid steel with a heavy-duty chrome pin bolt system. There are two carpeted shelves inside for storing your items. It also ships with mounts so you can secure it inside of your wall as well.
The GunVault SpeedVault safe is a small safe designed to hold a handgun. It can be hidden in a closet, a nightstand, or under a desk or a table. Being a compact type of safe, it can only hold a single pistol or revolver.
This safe is noted for its drop down system. After opening the safe with a push-button combination, the drawer drops down to present you with the grip of your firearm. You can then draw the weapon to respond to a home invasion. In the event that you forget the combination, it also comes with a key override system.
The interior of the SpeedVault GunVault is foamed which helps to protect your firearm from being scratched or marked. This is an excellent safe to keep in either a master bedroom or a home office.
As the name suggests, this safe is designed as a dictionary! But when you open the book, a secret storage compartment is revealed for holding a pistol for home defense.
The safe measures two by five and a half by nine inches. Built out of a durable steel material, it will resist heat to keep the items protected inside as well.
The exterior dictionary-looking part of the safe is also very realistic looking and will blend in seamlessly. The best place to store this safe is on a bookshelf along with other books; otherwise, it may look a little suspicious sitting on its own on a table or desk.
This gun storage system is an excellent choice for a gun safe. The front of the safe consists of a full sized mirror, so home invaders or anyone else won’t suspect that there’s a safe behind it.
One negative to this safe is installation. It’s designed to be recessed into your wall in order to keep things truly concealable (if it protruded outward, it would be completely obvious that it’s a safe).
On the other hand, unlike the previous two safes we’ve looked at, the Tactical Walls 1450M can hold more than just a couple of pistols, being large enough to hold long guns, pistols, ammunition, important documents, jewelry, and anything else that you want to have in it.
The 1450M opens via a traditional key system or with an RFID system. Furthermore, it comes with magnets to ensure that all the firearms within remain fully secured.
This safe is one of the most unique in existence because, as the name suggests, it resembles an ordinary vent on the outside. In this regard, it might even less suspicious than the mirror safe!
Opening via an RFID system, once you open up the ‘vent’ you’ll be presented with everything you have stored inside.
While this safe is too small to hold long guns, it can definitely hold a few pistols along with knives, flashlights, money, jewelry, or important documents. All of that will be stored essentially in plain sight.
This safe is designed as a tall, rectangular clock with a secret compartment inside. A magnetic and hinge clasp keeps the safe locked and secured. The interior of the safe can store anything and everything from handguns and ammunition to money and jewelry.
As with the dictionary safe, this safe is designed to blend in seamlessly with the rest of the room. It will not look out of place in a bedroom or even a living room. And as an added bonus, the clock on the safe actually works! The clock only requires a provided AA battery in order to function.
This safe costs a fair bit of money, but it will hide your guns right under your bed while also presenting you with quick access in the event of a home invasion.
Built out of fourteen gauge heavy duty steel and pre-drilled holes for easy installation, this safe has a slide out drawer that is large enough to hold guns, documents, knives, flashlights, jewelry, and money all at once.
As an added bonus, the door is pry-resistant, so if you have small children who might find the safe, they won’t be able to access it. It is programmed with a three to eight digit access code.
Want to prep but not sure where to begin? Sign Up for Our Newsletter and get your FREE One Year Urban Survival Plan!
This article first appeared on urbansurvivalsite.com See it here
4 No Cook Meals For Surviving The Pandemic And Food Supply Shortages
When it comes to your food supply, you just can’t risk not having enough. These no cook meals will be a great addition to your food supply planning. Check out the recipes below!
No Cook Meals to Help You Through the Pandemic
As of the writing of this article, there are 20 meat processing plants that have been shut down due to COVID-19 infections. We have been worrying about these types of effects on our food supply for months now, and this is the first real sign of how infections can affect the food supply.
When you walk into a supermarket, you might not see all the choices you had in the past. An empty meat case is a humbling thing for your eyes to fall upon. It’s the shocking realization that the seemingly infinite supply of chickens, pigs, and cows that are butchered for us has begun to run dry!
To deal with this issue, we are going to present four no cook meals that will help you create dinners at home that will feed your family without worrying so much about what’s available, or unavailable, in the meat case.
1. Smashed White Bean, Avocado and Salted Pork Sandwiches
As preppers we get beans. There are a bunch of ways to use beans and this a great example of how you can pack a sandwich with great nutrition and protein.
Serving: Makes 4 sandwiches
- Can of White Beans
- Olive Oil
- 1 Avocado
- 8 Slices of Whole Grain Bread
- 8 Slices of Salted Pork (Prosciutto, Ham, Virginia Ham)
- Begin by draining your beans in a colander then smashing them up in a bowl add a few glugs of olive oil, salt, pepper. This little mix is delicious. If you add some minced rosemary, you can even turn this into a delicious dip.
- Pit your avocado and cut it in half and then quarters lengthwise. Leave the skin on.
- Lay the bread out on a clean work surface for assembling the sandwiches.
- Spread your mashed bean mix onto one side of the bread.
- Peel your avocados and slice 1 quarter for each sandwich. Spread slices over the bean spread.
- Add a few slices of your pork to over the top of the avocado.
- You can finish this sandwich with some lettuces, fresh sprouts, or just eat it as is.
2. Delicious Crab Salad
Canned crab is a protein option that will likely be around through much of this meat crisis. It does have to be kept in refrigeration, but it’s delicious and this chipotle mayo salad is great in the spring and summer.
- 1 Can of Crab Meat
- 1 Bunch of Asparagus
- Chipotle Mayo
- 1 Bunch of Green Onions
- 1 Bunch of Cilantro
- Drain your crab in a colander and set it in the sink.
- Slice your asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Throw them into a bowl.
- Thinly slice your onions and your cilantro and throw that into the bowl, as well.
- Gently toss in the crab meat.
- Squirt on enough Chipotle mayo to coat everything and toss gently not to break up the crab meat.
- Chill in the fridge and serve.
3. Simple Greek Salad
The combination of simple summer ingredients makes for an incredible quick salad that you could add other proteins, too, if you wanted. These could be canned meats.
- 2 Large Tomatoes
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Red Onion
- ¼ Cup of Feta Cheese
- A Few Sprigs of Fresh Mint
- ½ Cup of Kalamata Olives
- Balsamic Dressing
- I like to cut the tomatoes in large chunks and have them kind of be the main course in this salad. Peel and slice your cucumber in half. Remove the seeds and either dice or slice in half-moons.
- Peel and slice your red onion in half. Julienne your, or thinly slice, your half onion.
- Add all these ingredients to a bowl. Finely slice your mint.
- Add your olives, crumbled feta, and mint to the bowl and add enough dressing to coat everything.
- Stir it up and allow this to chill for at least an hour for the flavors to really blend.
4. Mediterranean Tuna Lettuce Wraps
Using some similar ingredients and adding a protein like tuna, you can create some delicious lettuce wraps. The key to a good lettuce wrap is to have most of the items around the same size. So, consider that when you are preparing this dish.
- Iceberg or Butter Lettuce
- Canned Artichokes
- Canned roasted Red peppers
- Fresh Cucumber
- Feta Cheese
- Minced Olives ¼ Cup
- 2 Cans of Tuna
- Green Onions
- Start by peeling all the full leaves from your lettuce. Set them on a plate either cover them with a wet paper towel or put them back into the fridge.
- Dice the peppers, artichokes, and cucumbers into cubes. Go no larger than ½ an inch.
- Thinly slice your green onions and basil and add them to a bowl with your diced vegetables. Add your loves to this bowl and mix them thoroughly.
- Crumble your feta cheese over the mixture.
- Drain your tuna thoroughly and then add that to the bowl, as well.
- Gently toss this mixture. Try not to break up the tuna and the cheese too much but incorporate it thoroughly.
- If you want, you can add some olive oil to the mix or a few glugs of balsamic vinegar. It’s also delicious just how it is.
- Scoop a few tablespoons into a lettuce leaf, wrap it up and eat up!
These no cook meals should help lessen the stress you feel when thinking of what to feed your family. If you don’t have the specific ingredients, use your creativity, and use what you have. You might discover a new recipe while you’re at it!
What’s your favorite no cook meal recipe? Please share it with us in the comments section!
- Essential Survival Fuel: No-Cook Overnight Oats
- Dehydrated Foods to Try This Weekend
- 13 Dried And Canned Foods With The Longest Shelf Lives
This Article Was First Found at survivallife.com Read The Original Article Here
Billionaire Whistle Blower: Wuhan Coronavirus Death Toll Is Over 50,000
- Exiled Chinese businessman Guo Wengui recently revealed leaks from Wuhan crematoriums. He claims based on the number of bodies their furnaces are burning, the death toll could be as high as 50,000.
A Chinese billionaire and whistleblower who lives in U.S. exile says Wuhan crematoriums have burned 50,000 coronavirus victims. | Credit: Chinatopix via AP
- The official coronavirus death toll in China is a little over 800. But an exiled Chinese businessman says crematoriums are leaking the real figure.
- A billionaire whistleblower alleges Wuhan has crematoriums working 24/7. He claims they’ve cremated some 50,000 coronavirus victims.
- Guo Wengui is a Chinese billionaire living in exile in the United States.
The official coronavirus death toll is some 800 people in China. The current official death toll worldwide, outside of China, is 774. But a Chinese billionaire with a history of blowing the whistle on his former government says the real figure is much higher.
Exiled Chinese businessman Guo Wengui recently revealed leaks from Wuhan crematoriums. He claims based on the number of bodies their furnaces are burning, the death toll could be as high as 50,000. Wengui made the bombshell allegations in an interview with former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon.
Whistleblower: 1.5 Million Coronavirus Cases In China, 50,000 Coronavirus Deaths In Wuhan
He also claims to have inside information that there are 1.5 million confirmed coronavirus cases in China. Wengui is emphatic that these are not merely quarantined or “under observation” but confirmed cases of coronavirus infection:
China has struggled to contain the coronavirus. But it has also struggled to contain public outcry against censorship and tight control of information. Dr. Li Wenliang, who sounded the alarm about the disease, succumbed to an infection and died this week. The Chinese government arrested him for blowing the whistle.
Then officials tried to suppress news of his death. Afterwards, millions of Chinese citizens saw the hashtag #IWantFreedomOfSpeech on Mandarin language social media. But the Chinese government censored that too.
Are Wengui’s Crematorium Claims Credible?
Watch VICE’s 2017 profile on Guo Wengui. At the time, he published bombshell documents alleging corruption in the Chinese government. He got the attention of the media and reportedly the U.S. State Department.
5 Types Of Ammunition To Stockpile For A Collapse
Every prepper knows it’s a great idea to stockpile ammunition when preparing for a major disaster.
You can use it for hunting, self-defense, or barter.
But which types of ammo should you stockpile?
If you plan on bartering, then you don’t want a bunch of calibers that nobody wants. And that’s just one consideration.
In this video, Reality Survival & Prepping talks about what he thinks are the 5 best types of ammunition to stockpile for a collapse.
Here are his picks:
- .22 LR – Very common, good for hunting small game, very light and small.
- 9mm Luger – Great for self-defense, fits in a wide variety of handguns.
- 5.56×45mm or .223 Remington – Also very common, cheap and effective.
- .308 Winchester – Widely used, works in AR10 and bolt-action platforms.
- 12 Gauge – You can do a lot with it — hunt, defend yourself, etc.
In the video below he makes a much more detailed case for each caliber. What do you think of this list?
This article first appeared on urbansurvivalsite.com See it here
- DIY6 years ago
DIY How to Make a Powerful Mini Foundry
- Uncategorized4 years ago
Bug Out Cabin Tips | How To Build The Ultimate Survival Shelter
- DIY6 years ago
DIY How to Build a Cabin in 7days for Under $5k
- DIY4 years ago
Try these Cute Christmas Rock Painting ideas for Kids
- DIY6 years ago
DIY How to Build a 16 Brick Rocket Stove
- DIY6 years ago
15 DIY PVC Projects You’ll Love
- DIY5 years ago
Pillow Floor Lounger
- DIY5 years ago
How To Make An Outdoor Kitchen Upcycled Pallet Outdoor Grill