7 Best Survival Rifles To Have When Society Collapses
It’s unfortunate, but few people think of rifles as valuable tools for self-defense. This is because handguns and especially shotguns are often touted as being the ‘ultimate’ self-defense weapons.
In reality, a rifle is a perfectly good weapon for personal defense or home defense, regardless of what other people may tell you. In many scenarios, a rifle can be even more effective than a shotgun or handgun.
This article will discuss the reasons a rifle is an excellent weapon to have when society collapses, regardless of the disaster. We’ll also dive into some of the very best survival rifles for you to consider, covering a wide range of types, models, manufacturers, and calibers.
Why a Rifle Will Be Handy Regardless of the Disaster
A strong case could be made that a rifle isn’t the most important firearm to have with you during a disaster. For example, it can’t be concealed on your person like a handgun can. It’s also not very wieldy in tight corners.
But other than those two things, there is precious little that a rifle can’t do in a major disaster scenario.
For example, a semi-automatic rifle with a detachable box magazine of around twenty to thirty rounds will be an incredibly effective weapon in a self-defense scenario because of these reasons:
- It has more stopping power and velocity than a handgun.
- It has greater range than either a pistol or a shotgun.
- It has more limited recoil than a shotgun.
- It’s the best weapon for defense against multiple attackers.
- It can be used for both long range anti-personnel use and hunting.
In many ways, the rifle is the ultimate primary weapon to have during an SHTF disaster. Remember that a handgun can never be a primary weapon. Well, it can, but it wouldn’t be suitable as a primary weapon due to its limited range and power.
If anything, a handgun is a backup or secondary weapon at best. A long gun needs to serve as your primary weapon during an SHTF scenario, and it really doesn’t matter what kind of a disaster you find yourself in.
Whether it be an EMP attack, economic collapse, terrorist attack, or a natural disaster, in any scenario where you find your home under attack by raiding parties and angry mobs, a rifle will be the best weapon to defend yourself and your family.
The Best Survival Rifles
Here are some of the best makes and models of rifles to use as a primary weapon when society collapses.
Honestly, one could argue that the AK-47 is not the best survival rifle to have when the AR-15 is even more popular and widely available. It will undoubtedly be easier to find 5.56x45mm NATO ammunition during a major disaster than 7.62x39mm, and magazines for the AR will also be easier to locate.
But the AK-47 still has one big thing going for it: some people just prefer it over the AR-15. And if you’re one of those people, there can be little to no doubt that the AK-47 will be the better weapon for you.
The 7.62x39mm round that the AK-47 fires has ballistics that are enormously similar to the .30-30 Winchester round, which means that it will also be suitable for hunting medium sized game such as deer.
As far as which specific AK-47 you should go with, two of the best options include the Arsenal SAM-7 if you have the money. If you are on a budget, the WASR-10 as imported by Century Arms will be much more affordable for you.
There should be absolutely no surprises in seeing the AR-15 on this list. It is without question the most prolific rifle in the United States of America, and it’s not difficult to see why.
The AR-15 is very ergonomic, accurate, reliable, and easy to shoot. That’s also not to mention that spare parts and accessories are in no shortage of supply.
The AR-15 will work well as both a defensive and hunting weapon. There is also absolutely no shortage of different options for you to consider. The Colt LE6920 is considered by man to be the gold standard when it comes to AR-15s.
That being said, the LE6920 will also run you at least a grand, so if you are on a budget, you can also consider alternative choices such as the Ruger AR-556 or Del-Ton 316 ECHO.
The lever action may be a design from the 1800s, but that doesn’t mean it’s no longer relevant here in the 21st Century. The lever action actually has a number of distinct advantages over bolt action rifles: it’s more narrow, easier to pack, lighter, and by working the lever you can keep up a much faster rate of fire in contrast to working the bolt.
Furthermore, lever actions are also relatively affordable as well. The Marlin 336 is routinely available for around $400, while the cheaper priced Mossberg 464 can oftentimes be found for even less than that.
If you want a lever action rifle with more power, you can upgrade from the .30-30 Winchester to the .45-70.
The Marlin 1895 is probably the best .45-70 lever action rifle on the market today. It’s essentially a beefier version of the Marlin 336 in order to hire the much larger round. The .45-70 Government is capable of dropping virtually any big game in North America, and it’s commonly used by hunting guides in Alaska due to its faster firing capabilities and excellent stopping power.
In an SHTF scenario, the .45-70 lever action would be an excellent choice for both hunting and defense, and will easily knock down a man with a single shot.
MOSIN NAGANT M44
The Mosin-Nagant is the oldest rifle on this list, and you may have been surprised to see it on here. But honestly, the Mosin-Nagant is on this list for one reason and one reason only: it’s cheap, and not only is it cheap, it’s also very rugged and well-built for the price.
There was a time several years ago when you could buy three Mosin Nagant rifles for a total of $99. Today, prices are a bit higher than that, but they are still considerably lower in contrast to many other rifles. A Mosin Nagant surplus rifle in good condition should cost you around $175.
In other words, the Mosin Nagant is an excellent survival rifle choice for those on a budget. That’s also not to mention the fact that it is very rugged (while also admittedly being crudely made) and surprisingly accurate despite being a military surplus rifle designed around 130 ago.
Never underestimate the power of a .22 rifle. Okay, a .22 in and of itself may be a weaker caliber, but a .22 semi-automatic rifle as a whole is a very practical and useful weapon.
Contrary to what some people may tell you, the .22 LR can be used for personal or self-defense. And beyond that, it’s a great round for small game hunting, pest control, and casual target shooting. That’s also not to mention that the .22 is extremely cheap and plentiful, and thanks to its small size, it’s also very easy to store in bulk, and in limited space.
An alternative to the Ruger 10/22, and one that is often available for a little bit cheaper, is the Marlin Model 60.
RUGER GUNSITE SCOUT
Last but not least, the Ruger Gunsite Scout has been extensively marketed by Ruger as being the one rifle to have if you could have only one. It’s not difficult to see why. The Gunsite Scout Rifle, or commonly abbreviated as the GSR, is a version of the popular Scout rifle concept as conceived by Jeff Cooper.
Basically, Cooper called for a .308 caliber bolt action carbine with a detachable box magazine of ten rounds and a scope to be mounted forward of the receiver. Cooper argued that such a rifle could be used for both self-defense and for hunting big game.
There’s no question that he was right in that regard. The Scout rifle was basically designed to be a do-everything rifle that would be the one rifle to have if someone could have only one. The Ruger GSR is a very high-quality rifle built on the proven Ruger 77 action, and there’s simply no question that it would work well as an SHTF rifle for when society collapses.
Any of the above rifles will be an excellent choice to have by your side in the midst of any of major disaster or catastrophe that could strike your city.
This article first appeared on urbansurvivalsite.com See it here
4 No Cook Meals For Surviving The Pandemic And Food Supply Shortages
When it comes to your food supply, you just can’t risk not having enough. These no cook meals will be a great addition to your food supply planning. Check out the recipes below!
No Cook Meals to Help You Through the Pandemic
As of the writing of this article, there are 20 meat processing plants that have been shut down due to COVID-19 infections. We have been worrying about these types of effects on our food supply for months now, and this is the first real sign of how infections can affect the food supply.
When you walk into a supermarket, you might not see all the choices you had in the past. An empty meat case is a humbling thing for your eyes to fall upon. It’s the shocking realization that the seemingly infinite supply of chickens, pigs, and cows that are butchered for us has begun to run dry!
To deal with this issue, we are going to present four no cook meals that will help you create dinners at home that will feed your family without worrying so much about what’s available, or unavailable, in the meat case.
1. Smashed White Bean, Avocado and Salted Pork Sandwiches
As preppers we get beans. There are a bunch of ways to use beans and this a great example of how you can pack a sandwich with great nutrition and protein.
Serving: Makes 4 sandwiches
- Can of White Beans
- Olive Oil
- 1 Avocado
- 8 Slices of Whole Grain Bread
- 8 Slices of Salted Pork (Prosciutto, Ham, Virginia Ham)
- Begin by draining your beans in a colander then smashing them up in a bowl add a few glugs of olive oil, salt, pepper. This little mix is delicious. If you add some minced rosemary, you can even turn this into a delicious dip.
- Pit your avocado and cut it in half and then quarters lengthwise. Leave the skin on.
- Lay the bread out on a clean work surface for assembling the sandwiches.
- Spread your mashed bean mix onto one side of the bread.
- Peel your avocados and slice 1 quarter for each sandwich. Spread slices over the bean spread.
- Add a few slices of your pork to over the top of the avocado.
- You can finish this sandwich with some lettuces, fresh sprouts, or just eat it as is.
2. Delicious Crab Salad
Canned crab is a protein option that will likely be around through much of this meat crisis. It does have to be kept in refrigeration, but it’s delicious and this chipotle mayo salad is great in the spring and summer.
- 1 Can of Crab Meat
- 1 Bunch of Asparagus
- Chipotle Mayo
- 1 Bunch of Green Onions
- 1 Bunch of Cilantro
- Drain your crab in a colander and set it in the sink.
- Slice your asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Throw them into a bowl.
- Thinly slice your onions and your cilantro and throw that into the bowl, as well.
- Gently toss in the crab meat.
- Squirt on enough Chipotle mayo to coat everything and toss gently not to break up the crab meat.
- Chill in the fridge and serve.
3. Simple Greek Salad
The combination of simple summer ingredients makes for an incredible quick salad that you could add other proteins, too, if you wanted. These could be canned meats.
- 2 Large Tomatoes
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Red Onion
- ¼ Cup of Feta Cheese
- A Few Sprigs of Fresh Mint
- ½ Cup of Kalamata Olives
- Balsamic Dressing
- I like to cut the tomatoes in large chunks and have them kind of be the main course in this salad. Peel and slice your cucumber in half. Remove the seeds and either dice or slice in half-moons.
- Peel and slice your red onion in half. Julienne your, or thinly slice, your half onion.
- Add all these ingredients to a bowl. Finely slice your mint.
- Add your olives, crumbled feta, and mint to the bowl and add enough dressing to coat everything.
- Stir it up and allow this to chill for at least an hour for the flavors to really blend.
4. Mediterranean Tuna Lettuce Wraps
Using some similar ingredients and adding a protein like tuna, you can create some delicious lettuce wraps. The key to a good lettuce wrap is to have most of the items around the same size. So, consider that when you are preparing this dish.
- Iceberg or Butter Lettuce
- Canned Artichokes
- Canned roasted Red peppers
- Fresh Cucumber
- Feta Cheese
- Minced Olives ¼ Cup
- 2 Cans of Tuna
- Green Onions
- Start by peeling all the full leaves from your lettuce. Set them on a plate either cover them with a wet paper towel or put them back into the fridge.
- Dice the peppers, artichokes, and cucumbers into cubes. Go no larger than ½ an inch.
- Thinly slice your green onions and basil and add them to a bowl with your diced vegetables. Add your loves to this bowl and mix them thoroughly.
- Crumble your feta cheese over the mixture.
- Drain your tuna thoroughly and then add that to the bowl, as well.
- Gently toss this mixture. Try not to break up the tuna and the cheese too much but incorporate it thoroughly.
- If you want, you can add some olive oil to the mix or a few glugs of balsamic vinegar. It’s also delicious just how it is.
- Scoop a few tablespoons into a lettuce leaf, wrap it up and eat up!
These no cook meals should help lessen the stress you feel when thinking of what to feed your family. If you don’t have the specific ingredients, use your creativity, and use what you have. You might discover a new recipe while you’re at it!
What’s your favorite no cook meal recipe? Please share it with us in the comments section!
- Essential Survival Fuel: No-Cook Overnight Oats
- Dehydrated Foods to Try This Weekend
- 13 Dried And Canned Foods With The Longest Shelf Lives
This Article Was First Found at survivallife.com Read The Original Article Here
Billionaire Whistle Blower: Wuhan Coronavirus Death Toll Is Over 50,000
- Exiled Chinese businessman Guo Wengui recently revealed leaks from Wuhan crematoriums. He claims based on the number of bodies their furnaces are burning, the death toll could be as high as 50,000.
A Chinese billionaire and whistleblower who lives in U.S. exile says Wuhan crematoriums have burned 50,000 coronavirus victims. | Credit: Chinatopix via AP
- The official coronavirus death toll in China is a little over 800. But an exiled Chinese businessman says crematoriums are leaking the real figure.
- A billionaire whistleblower alleges Wuhan has crematoriums working 24/7. He claims they’ve cremated some 50,000 coronavirus victims.
- Guo Wengui is a Chinese billionaire living in exile in the United States.
The official coronavirus death toll is some 800 people in China. The current official death toll worldwide, outside of China, is 774. But a Chinese billionaire with a history of blowing the whistle on his former government says the real figure is much higher.
Exiled Chinese businessman Guo Wengui recently revealed leaks from Wuhan crematoriums. He claims based on the number of bodies their furnaces are burning, the death toll could be as high as 50,000. Wengui made the bombshell allegations in an interview with former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon.
Whistleblower: 1.5 Million Coronavirus Cases In China, 50,000 Coronavirus Deaths In Wuhan
He also claims to have inside information that there are 1.5 million confirmed coronavirus cases in China. Wengui is emphatic that these are not merely quarantined or “under observation” but confirmed cases of coronavirus infection:
China has struggled to contain the coronavirus. But it has also struggled to contain public outcry against censorship and tight control of information. Dr. Li Wenliang, who sounded the alarm about the disease, succumbed to an infection and died this week. The Chinese government arrested him for blowing the whistle.
Then officials tried to suppress news of his death. Afterwards, millions of Chinese citizens saw the hashtag #IWantFreedomOfSpeech on Mandarin language social media. But the Chinese government censored that too.
Are Wengui’s Crematorium Claims Credible?
Watch VICE’s 2017 profile on Guo Wengui. At the time, he published bombshell documents alleging corruption in the Chinese government. He got the attention of the media and reportedly the U.S. State Department.
5 Types Of Ammunition To Stockpile For A Collapse
Every prepper knows it’s a great idea to stockpile ammunition when preparing for a major disaster.
You can use it for hunting, self-defense, or barter.
But which types of ammo should you stockpile?
If you plan on bartering, then you don’t want a bunch of calibers that nobody wants. And that’s just one consideration.
In this video, Reality Survival & Prepping talks about what he thinks are the 5 best types of ammunition to stockpile for a collapse.
Here are his picks:
- .22 LR – Very common, good for hunting small game, very light and small.
- 9mm Luger – Great for self-defense, fits in a wide variety of handguns.
- 5.56×45mm or .223 Remington – Also very common, cheap and effective.
- .308 Winchester – Widely used, works in AR10 and bolt-action platforms.
- 12 Gauge – You can do a lot with it — hunt, defend yourself, etc.
In the video below he makes a much more detailed case for each caliber. What do you think of this list?
This article first appeared on urbansurvivalsite.com See it here
THIS TERRIFYING BIBLE PROPHECY IS UNFOLDING BEFORE OUR EYES! >>Click Here to See it Now<<
- DIY7 years ago
DIY How to Make a Powerful Mini Foundry
- DIY7 years ago
DIY How to Build a Cabin in 7days for Under $5k
- DIY5 years ago
Try these Cute Christmas Rock Painting ideas for Kids
- DIY6 years ago
Pillow Floor Lounger
- DIY6 years ago
How To Make An Outdoor Kitchen Upcycled Pallet Outdoor Grill
- DIY7 years ago
15 DIY PVC Projects You’ll Love
- Uncategorized5 years ago
Bug Out Cabin Tips | How To Build The Ultimate Survival Shelter
- DIY7 years ago
DIY How to Build a 16 Brick Rocket Stove