This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I'll earn a small fee at no extra cost to you.*
There are hundreds of reasons people prepare for emergencies, and hundreds of scenarios that could occur that you may consider preparing for. Natural disasters, civil unrest, war, pandemic, solar flares – the possibilities are incredibly varied and no list of necessary tools can possibly encompass every scenario.
In this article, we are focusing on high tech tools or gadgets that you will need if you are on the move outside your home. Perhaps you need to evacuate the path of a forest fire or there has been flooding in the wake of a hurricane. Perhaps there has been a dirty bomb detonation and you are leaving the danger zone. Perhaps you saw the signs before everyone else and have bugged out ahead of the gridlock.
In any scenario, you are away from the safety of your home and that means you have many needs, but a limited amount of items you can carry.
Let’s assume that if you’re reading this, you already have a good knife, a reliable magnesium fire starter, a tarp for shelter, and broken-in trail running shoes or boots. In addition to those basics, you need a method of water purification.
Leave the old water purification tablets behind. Ultraviolet purifiers with an accompanying water bottle that has an inverted filter are one of the best options for guarding against everything from cholera to giardia. Water flows through a filter into the water bottle and then you engage the ultraviolet light to kill bacteria and viruses in the water. Lightweight and incredibly effective at removing debris and pathogens from drinking water, ultraviolet water purification is more effective than chemical tablets, but still does not eliminate metals or chemical contaminants.
Debatably one of the most effective multi-tools on the market. I guarantee that you have both of these in your bug out bag. Well, why waste space with two items when you can pack one? A well-versed tactical light with 15 million volts on the front can do some serious damage. This thing will surely leave someone wishing they had not messed with you. It is also made of high-grade aircraft aluminum in case you need to use it as a baton as well.
While bear spray can work on a number of different attackers, what happens if a pack of rabid dogs is surrounding you? Surely you will harm yourself with a 360-degree spray to fend off the animals. The best hope is a high-frequency dog deterrent that emits an ultrasonic high pitch noise to deter the wild animals. This gadget is like a dog whistle on steroids. It will practically blow the animals’ eardrums out while you hardly hear a thing. This thing does not just pack an audible punch, it also has a visible punch as well. The bright LED strobe is designed to temporarily blind the dogs and give you plenty of time to high tail it out of there.
4. Taser Pulse
This is a Police grade stun gun. This thing could stop anything. The laser sight and the built-in LED light will keep your eyes on the attacker. It runs on a Lithium power magazine with enough juice for 50 30-second firings, and it has a battery power indicator and tactical safety designed to keep you safe. The best part is the Safe Escape Replacement Program. If the Taser Pulse is used for self-defense and it is left at the scene, Taser will replace the product for free.
To the common person, this just looks like an interesting lighter, but it actually has a secret camera that can get HD quality video and images. It can store up to 5 hours of footage and is programmable to only capture movement. Along with the benefits of a lighter, it also has a heating feature that can keep your hands, or whatever you need, warm for some time.
6. Tactical Pen
Although this is not something that you would consider high tech, this self-defense weapon can serve a purpose. Just clipped in your pocket, you should be able to easily access it even if you can’t reach your pocket knife. With the sharpened point, you should be able to do some serious damage with the right amount of force. Most are also equipped with a glass break end and a flashlight.
These basic recommendations will help strengthen your preparations for any type of disaster or emergency that forces you out of your home and into a vulnerable situation.
About the Author: Joe Humphries is a contributing writer and media specialist for High Tech Safety. He regularly writes for survival blogs with an emphasis in tactical combination gear to keep you alive in the long run.
This article first appeared on urbansurvivalsite.com See it here
4 No Cook Meals For Surviving The Pandemic And Food Supply Shortages
When it comes to your food supply, you just can’t risk not having enough. These no cook meals will be a great addition to your food supply planning. Check out the recipes below!
No Cook Meals to Help You Through the Pandemic
As of the writing of this article, there are 20 meat processing plants that have been shut down due to COVID-19 infections. We have been worrying about these types of effects on our food supply for months now, and this is the first real sign of how infections can affect the food supply.
When you walk into a supermarket, you might not see all the choices you had in the past. An empty meat case is a humbling thing for your eyes to fall upon. It’s the shocking realization that the seemingly infinite supply of chickens, pigs, and cows that are butchered for us has begun to run dry!
To deal with this issue, we are going to present four no cook meals that will help you create dinners at home that will feed your family without worrying so much about what’s available, or unavailable, in the meat case.
1. Smashed White Bean, Avocado and Salted Pork Sandwiches
As preppers we get beans. There are a bunch of ways to use beans and this a great example of how you can pack a sandwich with great nutrition and protein.
Serving: Makes 4 sandwiches
- Can of White Beans
- Olive Oil
- 1 Avocado
- 8 Slices of Whole Grain Bread
- 8 Slices of Salted Pork (Prosciutto, Ham, Virginia Ham)
- Begin by draining your beans in a colander then smashing them up in a bowl add a few glugs of olive oil, salt, pepper. This little mix is delicious. If you add some minced rosemary, you can even turn this into a delicious dip.
- Pit your avocado and cut it in half and then quarters lengthwise. Leave the skin on.
- Lay the bread out on a clean work surface for assembling the sandwiches.
- Spread your mashed bean mix onto one side of the bread.
- Peel your avocados and slice 1 quarter for each sandwich. Spread slices over the bean spread.
- Add a few slices of your pork to over the top of the avocado.
- You can finish this sandwich with some lettuces, fresh sprouts, or just eat it as is.
2. Delicious Crab Salad
Canned crab is a protein option that will likely be around through much of this meat crisis. It does have to be kept in refrigeration, but it’s delicious and this chipotle mayo salad is great in the spring and summer.
- 1 Can of Crab Meat
- 1 Bunch of Asparagus
- Chipotle Mayo
- 1 Bunch of Green Onions
- 1 Bunch of Cilantro
- Drain your crab in a colander and set it in the sink.
- Slice your asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Throw them into a bowl.
- Thinly slice your onions and your cilantro and throw that into the bowl, as well.
- Gently toss in the crab meat.
- Squirt on enough Chipotle mayo to coat everything and toss gently not to break up the crab meat.
- Chill in the fridge and serve.
3. Simple Greek Salad
The combination of simple summer ingredients makes for an incredible quick salad that you could add other proteins, too, if you wanted. These could be canned meats.
- 2 Large Tomatoes
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Red Onion
- ¼ Cup of Feta Cheese
- A Few Sprigs of Fresh Mint
- ½ Cup of Kalamata Olives
- Balsamic Dressing
- I like to cut the tomatoes in large chunks and have them kind of be the main course in this salad. Peel and slice your cucumber in half. Remove the seeds and either dice or slice in half-moons.
- Peel and slice your red onion in half. Julienne your, or thinly slice, your half onion.
- Add all these ingredients to a bowl. Finely slice your mint.
- Add your olives, crumbled feta, and mint to the bowl and add enough dressing to coat everything.
- Stir it up and allow this to chill for at least an hour for the flavors to really blend.
4. Mediterranean Tuna Lettuce Wraps
Using some similar ingredients and adding a protein like tuna, you can create some delicious lettuce wraps. The key to a good lettuce wrap is to have most of the items around the same size. So, consider that when you are preparing this dish.
- Iceberg or Butter Lettuce
- Canned Artichokes
- Canned roasted Red peppers
- Fresh Cucumber
- Feta Cheese
- Minced Olives ¼ Cup
- 2 Cans of Tuna
- Green Onions
- Start by peeling all the full leaves from your lettuce. Set them on a plate either cover them with a wet paper towel or put them back into the fridge.
- Dice the peppers, artichokes, and cucumbers into cubes. Go no larger than ½ an inch.
- Thinly slice your green onions and basil and add them to a bowl with your diced vegetables. Add your loves to this bowl and mix them thoroughly.
- Crumble your feta cheese over the mixture.
- Drain your tuna thoroughly and then add that to the bowl, as well.
- Gently toss this mixture. Try not to break up the tuna and the cheese too much but incorporate it thoroughly.
- If you want, you can add some olive oil to the mix or a few glugs of balsamic vinegar. It’s also delicious just how it is.
- Scoop a few tablespoons into a lettuce leaf, wrap it up and eat up!
These no cook meals should help lessen the stress you feel when thinking of what to feed your family. If you don’t have the specific ingredients, use your creativity, and use what you have. You might discover a new recipe while you’re at it!
What’s your favorite no cook meal recipe? Please share it with us in the comments section!
- Essential Survival Fuel: No-Cook Overnight Oats
- Dehydrated Foods to Try This Weekend
- 13 Dried And Canned Foods With The Longest Shelf Lives
This Article Was First Found at survivallife.com Read The Original Article Here
Billionaire Whistle Blower: Wuhan Coronavirus Death Toll Is Over 50,000
- Exiled Chinese businessman Guo Wengui recently revealed leaks from Wuhan crematoriums. He claims based on the number of bodies their furnaces are burning, the death toll could be as high as 50,000.
A Chinese billionaire and whistleblower who lives in U.S. exile says Wuhan crematoriums have burned 50,000 coronavirus victims. | Credit: Chinatopix via AP
- The official coronavirus death toll in China is a little over 800. But an exiled Chinese businessman says crematoriums are leaking the real figure.
- A billionaire whistleblower alleges Wuhan has crematoriums working 24/7. He claims they’ve cremated some 50,000 coronavirus victims.
- Guo Wengui is a Chinese billionaire living in exile in the United States.
The official coronavirus death toll is some 800 people in China. The current official death toll worldwide, outside of China, is 774. But a Chinese billionaire with a history of blowing the whistle on his former government says the real figure is much higher.
Exiled Chinese businessman Guo Wengui recently revealed leaks from Wuhan crematoriums. He claims based on the number of bodies their furnaces are burning, the death toll could be as high as 50,000. Wengui made the bombshell allegations in an interview with former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon.
Whistleblower: 1.5 Million Coronavirus Cases In China, 50,000 Coronavirus Deaths In Wuhan
He also claims to have inside information that there are 1.5 million confirmed coronavirus cases in China. Wengui is emphatic that these are not merely quarantined or “under observation” but confirmed cases of coronavirus infection:
China has struggled to contain the coronavirus. But it has also struggled to contain public outcry against censorship and tight control of information. Dr. Li Wenliang, who sounded the alarm about the disease, succumbed to an infection and died this week. The Chinese government arrested him for blowing the whistle.
Then officials tried to suppress news of his death. Afterwards, millions of Chinese citizens saw the hashtag #IWantFreedomOfSpeech on Mandarin language social media. But the Chinese government censored that too.
Are Wengui’s Crematorium Claims Credible?
Watch VICE’s 2017 profile on Guo Wengui. At the time, he published bombshell documents alleging corruption in the Chinese government. He got the attention of the media and reportedly the U.S. State Department.
5 Types Of Ammunition To Stockpile For A Collapse
Every prepper knows it’s a great idea to stockpile ammunition when preparing for a major disaster.
You can use it for hunting, self-defense, or barter.
But which types of ammo should you stockpile?
If you plan on bartering, then you don’t want a bunch of calibers that nobody wants. And that’s just one consideration.
In this video, Reality Survival & Prepping talks about what he thinks are the 5 best types of ammunition to stockpile for a collapse.
Here are his picks:
- .22 LR – Very common, good for hunting small game, very light and small.
- 9mm Luger – Great for self-defense, fits in a wide variety of handguns.
- 5.56×45mm or .223 Remington – Also very common, cheap and effective.
- .308 Winchester – Widely used, works in AR10 and bolt-action platforms.
- 12 Gauge – You can do a lot with it — hunt, defend yourself, etc.
In the video below he makes a much more detailed case for each caliber. What do you think of this list?
This article first appeared on urbansurvivalsite.com See it here
- DIY7 years ago
DIY How to Make a Powerful Mini Foundry
- DIY4 years ago
Try these Cute Christmas Rock Painting ideas for Kids
- DIY7 years ago
DIY How to Build a Cabin in 7days for Under $5k
- Uncategorized4 years ago
Bug Out Cabin Tips | How To Build The Ultimate Survival Shelter
- DIY6 years ago
Pillow Floor Lounger
- DIY6 years ago
15 DIY PVC Projects You’ll Love
- DIY7 years ago
DIY How to Build a 16 Brick Rocket Stove
- DIY6 years ago
How To Make An Outdoor Kitchen Upcycled Pallet Outdoor Grill