There are hundreds and hundreds of first aid items out there, which is why building a first aid kit can be so overwhelming. It helps to start by narrowing it down to the essentials, and then building on that.
If you could only choose 20 first aid supplies, which would they be? In this video, Serious Survivor makes some great suggestions.
Here is his list:
- Band Aids / Gauze Pads / Tape
- Liquid Bandage Adhesive Strips
- Suture Kit
- Israeli Compression Bandage or Quick Clot
- Splints / Bandages / Supports
- Antibiotic Cream & Medication / Antibiotics (Oral)
- Stomach Medication
- Allergy/Sting Medicine, Benadryl
- Pain Relievers
- Iodine / Potassium Iodide / Radiation Meds
- Dental Repair / Pain Relief
- Antifungal Cream
- Sterile Gloves
- Alcohol / Antiseptic Pads
- Personal Medication
- Snakebite Kit
- Hot & Cold Compress
- First Aid Manual / Edible & Medicinal Plants Manual
It’s best to gather these items first, and then find a bag that is the right size for them. Watch the video below to learn the importance of each item, specific product recommendations, and how much of them to stockpile.
This article first appeared on urbansurvivalsite.com See it here