15 Things To Do Before The Second Great Depression
Right now, we are experiencing the longest bull market in history. Great news, right? Not if you’re the type of person who plans for the future.
Historically, long bull markets have always been followed by major recessions. Oftentimes, the longer the bull market, the more painful the correction. For example, the bull market from 1991 to 2001 ended with the dot-com bubble burst and recession. The bull market from 1961 to 1969 ended with the recessions and stagflation of the 1970’s. And of course, the bull market from 2001 to 2007 ended with the Great Recession.
Because of this pattern, many experts fear that the current bull market will end with a second Great Depression. And considering that the average person never fully recovered from the Great Recession, it is likely to be a very painful depression.
If you want to get prepared before this happens, here’s what you should do.
1. Put Together an Emergency Fund
If the economy ever collapses you may not be able to rely on any source of income. Businesses who are hit hard by the collapse will lay off employees as their first way to stop the bleeding, so you will want to have an emergency fund you can rely on in case all other sources of income dry up.
2. Stock Up on Food
If you find yourself without any money, obtaining even the basic necessities for survival such as food may become a challenge. Stock up on food now while times are good so that you will have it available should these times come to an end.
Related: The Beginner’s Guide to Emergency Food Storage
3. Stock Up on Medicine
Like food, the medication you and your family need to survive may be hard to acquire when your money runs out. Of course, prescription drugs are sometimes impossible to stock up on, so try your best to find over-the-counter alternatives that you can build up a supply of.
Related: 33 Over-the-Counter Meds You Need to Stockpile
4. Withdraw Money from the Bank
Money sitting in your bank account may seem pretty secure, and in most cases, it is. However, the reality is that banks almost never have the cash on hand to close out every account that they manage. In the event that everyone is suddenly trying to withdraw their money from the bank, these banks are likely to shut down and refuse to give money to anyone.
To avoid having funds that you are unable to access, it’s a good idea to store the majority of your emergency funds in cash that you hide away in a secure location.
5. Put Home Security Measures in Place
Desperate times cause people to do desperate things, and even ordinary, moral people can resort to thievery when their lives are on the line. To help protect the supplies that you acquire, you may want to outfit your home with security measures such as cameras and security lighting.
Related: 11 Home Security Tips for Life After The SHTF
6. Get Out of Debt
Creditors may be patient in most scenarios, but in the event of a major economic collapse, that patience will quickly run out. Even if creditors are not able to demand that you immediately pay off your debt, your own lack of funds may cause you to be unable to make your regular payments, causing creditors to repossess your property and leaving you in a very precarious situation.
To avoid this situation, do your best to become debt free before any major market downturns.
7. Lower Your Expenses
The moment after an economic disaster strikes is not the time to figure out how to lower your expenses. If at all possible, you should try to figure out how you can lower your expenses now so that the adjustment will be less drastic when/if the economy ever collapses.
Related: 21 Ways to Save Money for Survival Supplies
8. Buy a Water Filter
Even relying on basic services such as fresh water may not be a possibility in the event of a major economic disaster. When cities have their budgets cut due to less tax revenue, sometimes they do shoddy work. For example, they might not thoroughly clean the tap water. To ensure that you still have access to quality drinking water, invest in a good water filter.
Related: 8 Fastest Ways To Purify Water
9. Stock up on Precious Metals
For many investors, precious metals serve as an insurance policy against economic collapse. When the value of the dollar goes down, the value of these precious metals goes up. Thus, if you put at least a portion of your money into metals such as gold and silver, you’ll have a lot more value to your name when an economic disaster strikes.
10. Learn a Few Skills that Will be in Demand
In the event of a major economic collapse, many jobs and skills will no longer be in demand. However, there are skills that people will still be willing to pay for, and if you learn a few of these skills, you will have an easier time securing a source of income.
Skills and jobs that will still be in demand after an economic disaster include working as a carpenter, working as an electrician, and other such hands-on jobs.
Related: 17 Best Jobs To Have When The Economy Collapses
11. Be Prepared to Grow a Garden
In addition to stocking up on food, it’s a good idea to prepare to grow your own food as well. Buy seeds and any other supplies that you will need, secure a spot for your garden, and learn the skills necessary to grow a garden now so that you will be ready to go should you ever need to grow a garden to keep food on the table.
Related: Urban Survival Gardening – A Guide For Beginners
12. Cultivate Relationships that You can Rely on
There’s a good chance you may not be able to make it through a severe economic collapse on your own. With that being the case, it’s a good idea to have other people you can rely on for help, while at the same time offering value to those people yourself.
For example, if you are a great carpenter and you are friends with a great mechanic, you can offer to build them a storage building in exchange for them fixing your generator. Should an economic disaster strike, these kinds of barters will become commonplace.
Related: 20 Skills You Can Trade After The End Of The World
13. Buy a Generator and Stock Up on Fuel
Keeping your utilities paid after an economic disaster may be a challenge. Unfortunately, there’s no simple way to stock up on electricity ahead of time. What you can do, though, is buy a quality generator and set aside enough fuel to get you by. The power to run some fans or a small fridge will be priceless.
Related: 8 Features To Look For in a Portable Generator
14. Invest in Other Currencies
A national economic collapse is much more likely than a worldwide economic collapse, and if it’s the US economy that collapses, then the value of other currencies will go up in comparison. Like gold and silver, consider investing in euros or some other currency as in insurance policy against economic collapse.
15. Buy Some Land in a Rural Area
Having land in a rural area – even it’s a small plot – could be incredibly valuable in the event of a major economic collapse. You could use the land to grow food escape some of the chaos that might ensue in urban areas.
What to read next: 22 Ways People Saved Money During The Great Depression
Want to prep but not sure where to begin? Download your FREE One Year Urban Survival Plan!
This article first appeared on urbansurvivalsite.com See it here
4 No Cook Meals For Surviving The Pandemic And Food Supply Shortages
When it comes to your food supply, you just can’t risk not having enough. These no cook meals will be a great addition to your food supply planning. Check out the recipes below!
No Cook Meals to Help You Through the Pandemic
As of the writing of this article, there are 20 meat processing plants that have been shut down due to COVID-19 infections. We have been worrying about these types of effects on our food supply for months now, and this is the first real sign of how infections can affect the food supply.
When you walk into a supermarket, you might not see all the choices you had in the past. An empty meat case is a humbling thing for your eyes to fall upon. It’s the shocking realization that the seemingly infinite supply of chickens, pigs, and cows that are butchered for us has begun to run dry!
To deal with this issue, we are going to present four no cook meals that will help you create dinners at home that will feed your family without worrying so much about what’s available, or unavailable, in the meat case.
1. Smashed White Bean, Avocado and Salted Pork Sandwiches
As preppers we get beans. There are a bunch of ways to use beans and this a great example of how you can pack a sandwich with great nutrition and protein.
Serving: Makes 4 sandwiches
- Can of White Beans
- Olive Oil
- 1 Avocado
- 8 Slices of Whole Grain Bread
- 8 Slices of Salted Pork (Prosciutto, Ham, Virginia Ham)
- Begin by draining your beans in a colander then smashing them up in a bowl add a few glugs of olive oil, salt, pepper. This little mix is delicious. If you add some minced rosemary, you can even turn this into a delicious dip.
- Pit your avocado and cut it in half and then quarters lengthwise. Leave the skin on.
- Lay the bread out on a clean work surface for assembling the sandwiches.
- Spread your mashed bean mix onto one side of the bread.
- Peel your avocados and slice 1 quarter for each sandwich. Spread slices over the bean spread.
- Add a few slices of your pork to over the top of the avocado.
- You can finish this sandwich with some lettuces, fresh sprouts, or just eat it as is.
2. Delicious Crab Salad
Canned crab is a protein option that will likely be around through much of this meat crisis. It does have to be kept in refrigeration, but it’s delicious and this chipotle mayo salad is great in the spring and summer.
- 1 Can of Crab Meat
- 1 Bunch of Asparagus
- Chipotle Mayo
- 1 Bunch of Green Onions
- 1 Bunch of Cilantro
- Drain your crab in a colander and set it in the sink.
- Slice your asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Throw them into a bowl.
- Thinly slice your onions and your cilantro and throw that into the bowl, as well.
- Gently toss in the crab meat.
- Squirt on enough Chipotle mayo to coat everything and toss gently not to break up the crab meat.
- Chill in the fridge and serve.
3. Simple Greek Salad
The combination of simple summer ingredients makes for an incredible quick salad that you could add other proteins, too, if you wanted. These could be canned meats.
- 2 Large Tomatoes
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Red Onion
- ¼ Cup of Feta Cheese
- A Few Sprigs of Fresh Mint
- ½ Cup of Kalamata Olives
- Balsamic Dressing
- I like to cut the tomatoes in large chunks and have them kind of be the main course in this salad. Peel and slice your cucumber in half. Remove the seeds and either dice or slice in half-moons.
- Peel and slice your red onion in half. Julienne your, or thinly slice, your half onion.
- Add all these ingredients to a bowl. Finely slice your mint.
- Add your olives, crumbled feta, and mint to the bowl and add enough dressing to coat everything.
- Stir it up and allow this to chill for at least an hour for the flavors to really blend.
4. Mediterranean Tuna Lettuce Wraps
Using some similar ingredients and adding a protein like tuna, you can create some delicious lettuce wraps. The key to a good lettuce wrap is to have most of the items around the same size. So, consider that when you are preparing this dish.
- Iceberg or Butter Lettuce
- Canned Artichokes
- Canned roasted Red peppers
- Fresh Cucumber
- Feta Cheese
- Minced Olives ¼ Cup
- 2 Cans of Tuna
- Green Onions
- Start by peeling all the full leaves from your lettuce. Set them on a plate either cover them with a wet paper towel or put them back into the fridge.
- Dice the peppers, artichokes, and cucumbers into cubes. Go no larger than ½ an inch.
- Thinly slice your green onions and basil and add them to a bowl with your diced vegetables. Add your loves to this bowl and mix them thoroughly.
- Crumble your feta cheese over the mixture.
- Drain your tuna thoroughly and then add that to the bowl, as well.
- Gently toss this mixture. Try not to break up the tuna and the cheese too much but incorporate it thoroughly.
- If you want, you can add some olive oil to the mix or a few glugs of balsamic vinegar. It’s also delicious just how it is.
- Scoop a few tablespoons into a lettuce leaf, wrap it up and eat up!
These no cook meals should help lessen the stress you feel when thinking of what to feed your family. If you don’t have the specific ingredients, use your creativity, and use what you have. You might discover a new recipe while you’re at it!
What’s your favorite no cook meal recipe? Please share it with us in the comments section!
- Essential Survival Fuel: No-Cook Overnight Oats
- Dehydrated Foods to Try This Weekend
- 13 Dried And Canned Foods With The Longest Shelf Lives
This Article Was First Found at survivallife.com Read The Original Article Here
Billionaire Whistle Blower: Wuhan Coronavirus Death Toll Is Over 50,000
- Exiled Chinese businessman Guo Wengui recently revealed leaks from Wuhan crematoriums. He claims based on the number of bodies their furnaces are burning, the death toll could be as high as 50,000.
A Chinese billionaire and whistleblower who lives in U.S. exile says Wuhan crematoriums have burned 50,000 coronavirus victims. | Credit: Chinatopix via AP
- The official coronavirus death toll in China is a little over 800. But an exiled Chinese businessman says crematoriums are leaking the real figure.
- A billionaire whistleblower alleges Wuhan has crematoriums working 24/7. He claims they’ve cremated some 50,000 coronavirus victims.
- Guo Wengui is a Chinese billionaire living in exile in the United States.
The official coronavirus death toll is some 800 people in China. The current official death toll worldwide, outside of China, is 774. But a Chinese billionaire with a history of blowing the whistle on his former government says the real figure is much higher.
Exiled Chinese businessman Guo Wengui recently revealed leaks from Wuhan crematoriums. He claims based on the number of bodies their furnaces are burning, the death toll could be as high as 50,000. Wengui made the bombshell allegations in an interview with former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon.
Whistleblower: 1.5 Million Coronavirus Cases In China, 50,000 Coronavirus Deaths In Wuhan
He also claims to have inside information that there are 1.5 million confirmed coronavirus cases in China. Wengui is emphatic that these are not merely quarantined or “under observation” but confirmed cases of coronavirus infection:
China has struggled to contain the coronavirus. But it has also struggled to contain public outcry against censorship and tight control of information. Dr. Li Wenliang, who sounded the alarm about the disease, succumbed to an infection and died this week. The Chinese government arrested him for blowing the whistle.
Then officials tried to suppress news of his death. Afterwards, millions of Chinese citizens saw the hashtag #IWantFreedomOfSpeech on Mandarin language social media. But the Chinese government censored that too.
Are Wengui’s Crematorium Claims Credible?
Watch VICE’s 2017 profile on Guo Wengui. At the time, he published bombshell documents alleging corruption in the Chinese government. He got the attention of the media and reportedly the U.S. State Department.
5 Types Of Ammunition To Stockpile For A Collapse
Every prepper knows it’s a great idea to stockpile ammunition when preparing for a major disaster.
You can use it for hunting, self-defense, or barter.
But which types of ammo should you stockpile?
If you plan on bartering, then you don’t want a bunch of calibers that nobody wants. And that’s just one consideration.
In this video, Reality Survival & Prepping talks about what he thinks are the 5 best types of ammunition to stockpile for a collapse.
Here are his picks:
- .22 LR – Very common, good for hunting small game, very light and small.
- 9mm Luger – Great for self-defense, fits in a wide variety of handguns.
- 5.56×45mm or .223 Remington – Also very common, cheap and effective.
- .308 Winchester – Widely used, works in AR10 and bolt-action platforms.
- 12 Gauge – You can do a lot with it — hunt, defend yourself, etc.
In the video below he makes a much more detailed case for each caliber. What do you think of this list?
This article first appeared on urbansurvivalsite.com See it here
THIS TERRIFYING BIBLE PROPHECY IS UNFOLDING BEFORE OUR EYES! >>Click Here to See it Now<<
- DIY7 years ago
DIY How to Make a Powerful Mini Foundry
- DIY7 years ago
DIY How to Build a Cabin in 7days for Under $5k
- DIY4 years ago
Try these Cute Christmas Rock Painting ideas for Kids
- DIY6 years ago
Pillow Floor Lounger
- DIY6 years ago
15 DIY PVC Projects You’ll Love
- DIY6 years ago
How To Make An Outdoor Kitchen Upcycled Pallet Outdoor Grill
- Uncategorized5 years ago
Bug Out Cabin Tips | How To Build The Ultimate Survival Shelter
- DIY7 years ago
DIY How to Build a 16 Brick Rocket Stove