This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I'll earn a small fee at no extra cost to you.*
One of the most hotly debated topics in the prepping world is whether it’s wiser to bug in or bug out. The truth is that it really depends on the situation. Preppers who plan to bug in no matter what, or bug out no matter what, are not wise preppers.
Bugging in has many advantages: you know the area and the people, you don’t need to abandon your home or your stockpile, and you don’t risk making yourself vulnerable out on the open road. Yet at the same time, there are certain situations where bugging in could guarantee your death.
And if you do realize you need to bug out, it’s important to do it sooner than later because otherwise, it may be too late or you might get caught up in traffic. Thus, it’s important to keep an eye on the tell-tale warning signs developing around you.
In this article, we’ll look at some warning signs that it’s time to bug out. Pay attention, because if you see any of these things happening, it’s time to hit the road fast.
1. You’re Ordered To By The Authorities
The time when it’s most obvious that you need to bug out is when you’re ordered to by the authorities. In this case, there really is no option. You might not want to go, but if they’re telling you to, then it’s better to be safe than sorry. If you hear about a mandatory evacuation, get out of dodge ASAP s you’re not stuck in traffic.
2. A Massive Storm Is Approaching
If an incredibly massive storm is approaching, then chances are fairly good that you’ll be ordered to evacuate by the authorities. But sometimes they won’t order an evacuation, and in that situation, it’s up to you to determine whether bugging out is the right move.
What you need to do is check the weather patterns in your area at least once or twice a day, until it becomes a habit. This way you won’t be caught off guard when the storm hits, and you’ll be able to take appropriate action before it does.
3. Steadily Increasing Civil Unrest/Rioting
There’s no denying that we are living in politically divisive times. Maybe that will change in the future, but for now, large-scale protests across the country seem to have become the new norm. A few of these protests have also been borderline violent.
If rioting is occurring in your part of town, then it’s time to pack up and hightail it out of there until things calm down. Don’t assume you’ll be safe at home with your doors locked. If enough people are rioting, then even a home with great home security measures could be in danger.
4. Martial Law
While you probably won’t be allowed to evacuate once martial law is declared, you could try to get out before it happens. If you see strong indicators that a government takeover is imminent, then evacuate while you still can.
Signs of martial law include law enforcement and National Guard units setting up checkpoints, military planes flying overhead, and rationing, usually in response to a major crisis.
The reason it’s so important to escape martial law before it happens is because you’ll have absolutely no freedom once it does. The Bill of Rights will no longer apply to you. Your firearms and even your stockpile may be confiscated, forcing you to stand in long waiting lines for food. The government will only tell the population what they want to tell them in order to keep them under control.That’s just a few of several things that can happen during martial law.
5. The Top Leaders Disappear
If the world’s top leaders begin to disappear–as in you don’t see them on TV or in the news anymore–it could mean that they’re retreating to their bunkers and that something major is about to happen. Such a disappearance would likely be accompanied by ambassadors returning home and other chaotic events.
6. Troops Show Up On The Border
Are foreign or United Nations troops starting to show up on the American border? This could be a sign that something terrible is about to go down. Granted, if this ever happens, things will likely be so bad that you’ll have bugged out already. But if you haven’t, foreign troops are a clear sign that it’s time to get out of dodge.
A great reason to bug out is if there’s a major epidemic in your town or general area. At the very least, it will be a wise idea to bug out even if it’s just for a short period of time, especially if you or anyone else in your family has medical problems or a weak immune system that could increase the odds of catching the disease.
Take note that epidemic refers to a major and potentially life-threatening disease within a contained area. It does not necessarily refer to viral infections such as the flu, so be sure not to panic unnecessarily.
8. Shortages In… Everything
If there’s an abrupt and massive shortage of food, water, fuel, medicine, or other supplies in your area, bugging out soon would be a good idea because it means the markets in your area could collapse completely. And once the markets collapse, societal breakdown and rioting to some degree are almost guaranteed to ensue.
9. A Collapse of the Markets
A major nationwide or worldwide collapse of the markets is another huge indicator that things are about to get nasty. Once the markets collapse, ordinary and trustworthy people will start to turn on one another like savages for food and other necessities, which will signal the onset of riots and utter chaos.
You can bug in at your home if you want, but if you’re not prepared or able to mount a serious defense, then retreating to safer ground outside of an urban area may be the safest option.
10. Bank Runs
One of the many symptoms of a complete and utter collapse would be a massive bank run, where a majority of a bank’s customers withdraw their funds all at once due to a concern that the bank will fail (which, ironically, causes the bank to fail).
Although banks are FDIC insured nowadays, a withdrawal of that much cash could cause hyperinflation, where money begins to rapidly lose its value. In this scenario, you’d be wise to spend all your cash on food and other supplies before the stores are stripped clean.
11. Your Home Becomes Compromised
Finally, if things ever get to the point where your home is compromised or you just don’t feel safe at your house anymore, then bugging out may be the most viable option.
For example, if your stockpile of food and water has become depleted and you have no means of getting more, then evacuating to a designated bug out location where you know you can resupply yourself would be wise.
Another example would be if your home has come under repeated threat from burglars, organized raiding parties, and marauding gangs and you don’t believe you can mount an effective defense.
While bugging in is usually the safer option, if any of the above scenarios happens, then bugging out could be your only chance at survival.
This article first appeared on urbansurvivalsite.com See it here
4 No Cook Meals For Surviving The Pandemic And Food Supply Shortages
When it comes to your food supply, you just can’t risk not having enough. These no cook meals will be a great addition to your food supply planning. Check out the recipes below!
No Cook Meals to Help You Through the Pandemic
As of the writing of this article, there are 20 meat processing plants that have been shut down due to COVID-19 infections. We have been worrying about these types of effects on our food supply for months now, and this is the first real sign of how infections can affect the food supply.
When you walk into a supermarket, you might not see all the choices you had in the past. An empty meat case is a humbling thing for your eyes to fall upon. It’s the shocking realization that the seemingly infinite supply of chickens, pigs, and cows that are butchered for us has begun to run dry!
To deal with this issue, we are going to present four no cook meals that will help you create dinners at home that will feed your family without worrying so much about what’s available, or unavailable, in the meat case.
1. Smashed White Bean, Avocado and Salted Pork Sandwiches
As preppers we get beans. There are a bunch of ways to use beans and this a great example of how you can pack a sandwich with great nutrition and protein.
Serving: Makes 4 sandwiches
- Can of White Beans
- Olive Oil
- 1 Avocado
- 8 Slices of Whole Grain Bread
- 8 Slices of Salted Pork (Prosciutto, Ham, Virginia Ham)
- Begin by draining your beans in a colander then smashing them up in a bowl add a few glugs of olive oil, salt, pepper. This little mix is delicious. If you add some minced rosemary, you can even turn this into a delicious dip.
- Pit your avocado and cut it in half and then quarters lengthwise. Leave the skin on.
- Lay the bread out on a clean work surface for assembling the sandwiches.
- Spread your mashed bean mix onto one side of the bread.
- Peel your avocados and slice 1 quarter for each sandwich. Spread slices over the bean spread.
- Add a few slices of your pork to over the top of the avocado.
- You can finish this sandwich with some lettuces, fresh sprouts, or just eat it as is.
2. Delicious Crab Salad
Canned crab is a protein option that will likely be around through much of this meat crisis. It does have to be kept in refrigeration, but it’s delicious and this chipotle mayo salad is great in the spring and summer.
- 1 Can of Crab Meat
- 1 Bunch of Asparagus
- Chipotle Mayo
- 1 Bunch of Green Onions
- 1 Bunch of Cilantro
- Drain your crab in a colander and set it in the sink.
- Slice your asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Throw them into a bowl.
- Thinly slice your onions and your cilantro and throw that into the bowl, as well.
- Gently toss in the crab meat.
- Squirt on enough Chipotle mayo to coat everything and toss gently not to break up the crab meat.
- Chill in the fridge and serve.
3. Simple Greek Salad
The combination of simple summer ingredients makes for an incredible quick salad that you could add other proteins, too, if you wanted. These could be canned meats.
- 2 Large Tomatoes
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Red Onion
- ¼ Cup of Feta Cheese
- A Few Sprigs of Fresh Mint
- ½ Cup of Kalamata Olives
- Balsamic Dressing
- I like to cut the tomatoes in large chunks and have them kind of be the main course in this salad. Peel and slice your cucumber in half. Remove the seeds and either dice or slice in half-moons.
- Peel and slice your red onion in half. Julienne your, or thinly slice, your half onion.
- Add all these ingredients to a bowl. Finely slice your mint.
- Add your olives, crumbled feta, and mint to the bowl and add enough dressing to coat everything.
- Stir it up and allow this to chill for at least an hour for the flavors to really blend.
4. Mediterranean Tuna Lettuce Wraps
Using some similar ingredients and adding a protein like tuna, you can create some delicious lettuce wraps. The key to a good lettuce wrap is to have most of the items around the same size. So, consider that when you are preparing this dish.
- Iceberg or Butter Lettuce
- Canned Artichokes
- Canned roasted Red peppers
- Fresh Cucumber
- Feta Cheese
- Minced Olives ¼ Cup
- 2 Cans of Tuna
- Green Onions
- Start by peeling all the full leaves from your lettuce. Set them on a plate either cover them with a wet paper towel or put them back into the fridge.
- Dice the peppers, artichokes, and cucumbers into cubes. Go no larger than ½ an inch.
- Thinly slice your green onions and basil and add them to a bowl with your diced vegetables. Add your loves to this bowl and mix them thoroughly.
- Crumble your feta cheese over the mixture.
- Drain your tuna thoroughly and then add that to the bowl, as well.
- Gently toss this mixture. Try not to break up the tuna and the cheese too much but incorporate it thoroughly.
- If you want, you can add some olive oil to the mix or a few glugs of balsamic vinegar. It’s also delicious just how it is.
- Scoop a few tablespoons into a lettuce leaf, wrap it up and eat up!
These no cook meals should help lessen the stress you feel when thinking of what to feed your family. If you don’t have the specific ingredients, use your creativity, and use what you have. You might discover a new recipe while you’re at it!
What’s your favorite no cook meal recipe? Please share it with us in the comments section!
- Essential Survival Fuel: No-Cook Overnight Oats
- Dehydrated Foods to Try This Weekend
- 13 Dried And Canned Foods With The Longest Shelf Lives
This Article Was First Found at survivallife.com Read The Original Article Here
Billionaire Whistle Blower: Wuhan Coronavirus Death Toll Is Over 50,000
- Exiled Chinese businessman Guo Wengui recently revealed leaks from Wuhan crematoriums. He claims based on the number of bodies their furnaces are burning, the death toll could be as high as 50,000.
A Chinese billionaire and whistleblower who lives in U.S. exile says Wuhan crematoriums have burned 50,000 coronavirus victims. | Credit: Chinatopix via AP
- The official coronavirus death toll in China is a little over 800. But an exiled Chinese businessman says crematoriums are leaking the real figure.
- A billionaire whistleblower alleges Wuhan has crematoriums working 24/7. He claims they’ve cremated some 50,000 coronavirus victims.
- Guo Wengui is a Chinese billionaire living in exile in the United States.
The official coronavirus death toll is some 800 people in China. The current official death toll worldwide, outside of China, is 774. But a Chinese billionaire with a history of blowing the whistle on his former government says the real figure is much higher.
Exiled Chinese businessman Guo Wengui recently revealed leaks from Wuhan crematoriums. He claims based on the number of bodies their furnaces are burning, the death toll could be as high as 50,000. Wengui made the bombshell allegations in an interview with former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon.
Whistleblower: 1.5 Million Coronavirus Cases In China, 50,000 Coronavirus Deaths In Wuhan
He also claims to have inside information that there are 1.5 million confirmed coronavirus cases in China. Wengui is emphatic that these are not merely quarantined or “under observation” but confirmed cases of coronavirus infection:
China has struggled to contain the coronavirus. But it has also struggled to contain public outcry against censorship and tight control of information. Dr. Li Wenliang, who sounded the alarm about the disease, succumbed to an infection and died this week. The Chinese government arrested him for blowing the whistle.
Then officials tried to suppress news of his death. Afterwards, millions of Chinese citizens saw the hashtag #IWantFreedomOfSpeech on Mandarin language social media. But the Chinese government censored that too.
Are Wengui’s Crematorium Claims Credible?
Watch VICE’s 2017 profile on Guo Wengui. At the time, he published bombshell documents alleging corruption in the Chinese government. He got the attention of the media and reportedly the U.S. State Department.
5 Types Of Ammunition To Stockpile For A Collapse
Every prepper knows it’s a great idea to stockpile ammunition when preparing for a major disaster.
You can use it for hunting, self-defense, or barter.
But which types of ammo should you stockpile?
If you plan on bartering, then you don’t want a bunch of calibers that nobody wants. And that’s just one consideration.
In this video, Reality Survival & Prepping talks about what he thinks are the 5 best types of ammunition to stockpile for a collapse.
Here are his picks:
- .22 LR – Very common, good for hunting small game, very light and small.
- 9mm Luger – Great for self-defense, fits in a wide variety of handguns.
- 5.56×45mm or .223 Remington – Also very common, cheap and effective.
- .308 Winchester – Widely used, works in AR10 and bolt-action platforms.
- 12 Gauge – You can do a lot with it — hunt, defend yourself, etc.
In the video below he makes a much more detailed case for each caliber. What do you think of this list?
This article first appeared on urbansurvivalsite.com See it here
- DIY6 years ago
DIY How to Make a Powerful Mini Foundry
- Uncategorized4 years ago
Bug Out Cabin Tips | How To Build The Ultimate Survival Shelter
- DIY6 years ago
DIY How to Build a Cabin in 7days for Under $5k
- DIY4 years ago
Try these Cute Christmas Rock Painting ideas for Kids
- DIY6 years ago
DIY How to Build a 16 Brick Rocket Stove
- DIY6 years ago
15 DIY PVC Projects You’ll Love
- DIY5 years ago
Pillow Floor Lounger
- DIY5 years ago
How To Make An Outdoor Kitchen Upcycled Pallet Outdoor Grill