Mothers day is one of the single biggest holidays in the world
How will you celebrate Mother’s Day? If you are like many Americans, you will gift your mom with a card and a present and maybe enjoy a meal out with her in a restaurant. According to a recent National Retail Federation (NRF) study, nearly 90 percent of Americans will celebrate Mother’s Day this year, and they will spend about $180 per person doing it. Those numbers add up to a staggering $23.1 billion holiday. That said, here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about mothers day.
Although Mother’s Day has become a huge money maker for retailers and restaurants, the day has humbler beginnings. Here are 10 things most people don’t know about the second Sunday in May.
1. Mother’s Day has its roots in Mothering Sunday, a centuries-old Christian tradition that is still celebrated in the United Kingdom and as well as other parts of Europe. Always held on the fourth Sunday in Lent, Mothering Sunday is held in honor of the Virgin Mary. Traditionally, parishioners return to visit their “mother” church that day, and children give their mothers flowers.
2. In 1870, poet Julia Ward Howe, best known for writing “The Battle Hymn of the Republic,” was the first person to propose an American Mother’s Day. Her heartfelt proclamation encouraged mothers to stand for world peace after the long, embittered Civil War. Although Howe organized events to honor mothers in and around Boston, her idea did not gain any real momentum.
3. Anna Reeves Jarvis, a mother of 13, is the person credited with getting an official Mother’s Day off the ground. First, she organized “Mothers’ Day Work Clubs” to teach women how to care for their children, and later she planned “Mothers’ Friendship Day,” a time for mothers to meet with Union and Confederate veterans. After Jarvis’s death in 1908, her daughter, Anna M. Jarvis, hosted a celebration to honor all mothers in the Methodist Church in Grafton, West Virginia. Later, she obtained financial support from Philadelphia retailer John Wanamaker to host another, larger Mother’s Day event.
4. After years of lobbying to make Mother’s Day a national celebration, Jarvis and her supporters were able to convince President Woodrow Wilson in 1914 officially to proclaim the second Sunday in May as Mother’s Day. Ironically, although her efforts brought recognition to many women, Jarvis never married or had children herself.
5. Here’s another irony. Jarvis campaigned in earnest to have the holiday rescinded after she saw the way it became commercialized. She failed in that effort.
6. Phone call volume increases about 11 percent on Mother’s Day with about 68 percent of survey respondents reporting that they call or text their Moms to wish them well on the holiday.
7. Mother’s Day tops all other holidays as the busiest day of the year for U.S. restaurants. Nearly 80 million adults enjoy a meal out with Mom on Mother’s Day, a whopping number that beats out the number of people who eat out on Valentine’s Day or New Year’s Eve.
8. The floral industry also gears up big for Mother’s Day. Carnations became the symbol for Mother’s Day back in 1914, and florists began promoting the idea of wearing a red carnation in honor of a living mother or a white carnation in honor of one who is deceased. Although the carnation wearing tradition has waned, the idea of giving flowers on Mother’s Day has not. It beats out Valentine’s day in terms of flower sales with the NRF survey finding that 69 percent of Americans planned to buy flowers this year for the Moms in their lives.
9. In 2017, American spent $23.6 billion on Mother’s Day gifts. Here’s the breakdown: • jewelry — $5 billion • restaurant meals –$4.2 billion • flowers — $2.6 billion • greeting cards — $2.5 billion • clothes and accessories — $2.1 billion • electronics — $2 billion • luxury services (such as a manicure or a massage) — $1.9 billion.
10. Although traditions may vary from culture to culture, 94 countries currently celebrate the second Sunday in May as Mother’s Day. In Thailand, jasmine is the standard Mother’s Day gift, and, in Serbia, moms give treats and gifts to their children instead of the other way around. No matter how you choose to honor that special lady in your life, be sure to tell “mom” … in no uncertain terms … how much you appreciate all she does for you and your family. According to the 2017 Mother’s Day Index by Insure.com, the many household tasks most mothers routinely perform would be worth nearly $70,000 a year in a professional salary. And we all know that there is no way to put a monetary value on all her love. Happy Mother’s Day!
The post 10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Mothers Day appeared first on Off The Grid News.
This Article Was Originally Posted On offthegridnews.com Read the Original Article here
NYC Adds Nearly 4,000 People Who Never Tested Positive To Coronavirus Death Tolls
New York City added nearly 4,000 people who never tested positive for the coronavirus to its death toll Tuesday, bringing coronavirus-related deaths in the city to around 10,000 people.
The city decided to add 3,700 people to its death tolls, who they “presumed” to have died from the virus, according to a report from The New York Times. The additions increased the death toll in the U.S. by 17%, according to the Times report, and included people who were suffering from symptoms of the virus, such as intense coughing and a fever.
The report stated that Democratic New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio decided over the weekend to change the way the city is counting deaths.
“In the heat of battle, our primary focus has been on saving lives,” de Blasio press secretary Freddi Goldstein told the Times.“As soon as the issue was raised, the mayor immediately moved to release the data.”
The Ultimate Energizer Review – Does It Really Work?
If you’re looking for a review of the ultimate energizer guide then you have come to the right spot because in this exclusive article we’re going to blow the lid off the ultimate energizer once and for all and reveal weather it is the real deal or not.
This brings us to the review of the ultimate energizer guide. This is a program that provides users with classified information on how to build a free energy generator. But can the program really make you achieve this?
does it work? will it be worth your investment, time and energy? all these questions and more are what this review on the ultimate energizer program seeks to help you find answers to.
The ultimate energizer review – is it worth it?
About The Ultimate Energizer guide
The ultimate energizer is your ultimate guide to building your own alternative and portable energy source to power up any of your household appliances including refrigerators and aircon units. It is a very affordable way to having an emergency generator that can help you save more than 50% from your electricity bills without spending too much on other alternative energy source like solar panels or wind turbines which is costly and will also need a lot of space.
The ultimate energizer causes you to be calm about the electricity bill. This well ordered guide shows you how to manufacture this claim “home energy gadget” today impeccably. This will dispose of your energy charge ensured.
It is lost to the earth which means we need to really take care of it in order to reduce the cost of energy bills which introduces the ultimate energizer guide.
About The Ultimate Energizer Creator
The creator of the complete the ultimate energizer guide is steven perkins. He found the journal of the founder of this technology in his home when his father shifted near quebec city in canada.
In this post, we will review the ultimate energizer whose creator claimed to offer a way through which you can generate non-stop current. According to the author, you can drop down your electricity bills by 80%.
Of course the ultimate energizer owners provide resources. But the truth is that you are a master creator. All of them have that talent in us. The only difference is the extent to which it is hidden in each of us.
Features of The Ultimate Energizer
The features of the ultimate energizer guide are as follows:-. This program guide will help you to design a the ultimate energizer generator which will follow the rules of linear induction motor which is built around a track that is orbicular to maintain the smooth motion of rotors that are transportable.
You can find here, a extensive review which highlights all the important features and performance criteria of the ultimate energizer. Use of the the ultimate energizer is very easy since all of the functions can be accessed in a short time; you have complete control over it. 100% money back guarantee shows that the ultimate energizer really works. The ultimate energizer gives full customer support for 7/24/365, also, features, credibility and the ultimate energizer’s ease of use are favorably satisfied by the buyers.
Use it on any electrical appliances from small clocks to big plasma tv screens, refrigerators, and air conditioners. Power the cabins while hiking to the mountains or camping. Other essential features of this complete the ultimate energizer are that it is easy to assemble and does not require a technical background to master engineering.
Pros and Cons of The Ultimate Energizer
I’ve created this honest ultimate energizer review to help you make a well-informed decision. I’ve tested it myself and now i’m going to share with you all the key aspects you may be interested in: how does it work? is it really so powerful and effective? what are its pros and cons?.
It is non-polluting. It remains popular the ultimate energizer guide pros & cons because it is both a renewable and clean source of energy. Harnessing solar energy is more than a fine idea it’s currently a reality in thousands of homes in a lot of nations around the world.
On the review of the ultimate energizer guide, we will be looking into what exactly the program is all about, the details of the energy generator program, the benefits, pros & cons and our conclusion on the program.
Does The Ultimate Energizer really work?
The device is usable during emergencies. It works without fuels and therefore there are no expected fumes. It is weather proof. Cons of the ultimate energizer. You can only download the program from the official website.
But the ultimate energizer reviews that are available from real users online on platforms like google and youtube seem to confirm that the device does indeed work. So, as per my ultimate energizer review answer to the question is the ultimate energizer legit? is definitely yes.
The ultimate energizer guide. The ultimate energizer is said to work for your home and cut electricity by 82%, guaranteed by tomorrow. The ultimate energizer reviews. It can boost any type of electricity by as much as 5 times.
Advantages of The Ultimate Energizer Program
The program can benefit you in many ways. Below we are listing the advantages of using the ultimate energizer program for generating electricity:. This device will help you save up to 60%-70%, without investing money in solar panels which can cost you a lot of money.
There are additional the ultimate energizer guide program advantages too, including advantages at tax time, so do your homework on what you might have for being a solar power pioneer contributed back.
Why The Ultimate Energizer is Useful?
The ultimate energizer is a complete guide and blueprint. With it, you get everything you need to know to build your own free energy generator. This generator can be completed for less than $50 if you have some tools already. But i remember reading another review of the ultimate energizer, and the guy said he took days. Maybe he was crafty. Then, you assemble it and get it to work.
You will be guided step by step, that anybody who can read can build it. You do not need prior building experience or massive strength; it is that easy. Building the ultimate energizer takes under 4 hours if you are slow and definitely a lot less when you have help.
The ultimate energizer has already changed the lives of over 30,000 families who chose to power their homes using this eco-friendly device. This is definitely a good investment that is worth your time and money and if you think it isn’t after trying it out, you can request for a refund.
Is The Ultimate Energizer a Scam?
The ultimate energizer guide really show you how to power your house and save tremendously, or is this just another overhyped scam? this system was created after its owner decided he wanted to have a home power generating system in case of any crises or disasters.
The ultimate energizer pdf. It does not need any conventional electric power. The ultimate energizer scam. In this program, you can also build more generator and sell for profit. This product can also be incorporated into the automobile to power an electric motor.
All you need is an open mind and a desire to try new things to get a life in the field of freedom of energy. So, what are you waiting for? it’s time to say goodbye to major energy companies and start using the ultimate energizer guide today.
Watch this video demonstration of the ultimate energizer guide put into action
Better Off-Grid Deal Yet? Good This Weekend Only!
Get Two Pocket Air Pros Worth $99.00 FREE With Your Purchase Of A Pocket Power
Even Better: We’ve also lowered the price of the Pocket Power X. Great Gear, Great Price.
Offer ends on Monday at midnight!
The post <span style="color:#ff0000">Better Off-Grid Deal Yet? Good This Weekend Only!</span> appeared first on Off The Grid News.
This Article Was Originally Posted On offthegridnews.com Read the Original Article here
- DIY7 years ago
DIY How to Make a Powerful Mini Foundry
- DIY7 years ago
DIY How to Build a Cabin in 7days for Under $5k
- DIY4 years ago
Try these Cute Christmas Rock Painting ideas for Kids
- Uncategorized4 years ago
Bug Out Cabin Tips | How To Build The Ultimate Survival Shelter
- DIY6 years ago
Pillow Floor Lounger
- DIY6 years ago
15 DIY PVC Projects You’ll Love
- DIY7 years ago
DIY How to Build a 16 Brick Rocket Stove
- DIY5 years ago
How To Make An Outdoor Kitchen Upcycled Pallet Outdoor Grill