10 Things You Must Do Before The Dollar Collapses
A hallmark of economic catastrophe for a country is the collapse in the value of its currency, otherwise known as ‘hyperinflation’. Cases of hyperinflation abound throughout history, with two of the most famous happening in Weimar Germany in the 1920s and, more recently, Venezuela after the oil price collapse in 2016.
Typically, inflation rates occur in conjunction with economic growth rates. As the economy grows, it becomes slightly more costly to buy goods and services, leading to a gradual decrease in the value of the currency.
Occasionally, governments that are deeply in debt with no way to raise their income levels start printing money in order to pay off the number value of their debt. Owe $20 billion in Bolivars worth of debt to a creditor? Just print out $20 billion Bolivars and pay them back, easy peasy.
The problem with this is that, because every currency today is ‘fiat’ and not backed by any particular commodity like gold, the increased supply decreases its value. Once the value begins to decline, any foreign investor that has any amount of the currency in their holdings rapidly begins to throw it away in favor of a currency that has a higher value, flooding the market with even more supply.
This begins a runaway effect on the value, so where a commodity like a loaf of bread cost 2 units of currency at the beginning of the process, it can start costing 50, 500, 5000, and even 5 million units of the currency to buy that same item. Soon, everyone’s savings become completely worthless, and unless they’ve prepared beforehand, they’re completely and utterly broke.
For Western countries, this seems like an unlikely event. The U.S. dollar, while still a fiat currency, has been backed by the cost of oil since the Nixon administration. Thanks to our close ties to the wonderfully stable Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, oil is traded using only the value of the dollar as an exchange rate.
This means that the U.S.-backed Kingdom is necessary for continued U.S. dollar valuation. If they should fall and the next ruling party should select a different currency, the currency would go back to being based on next to nothing. Combine that with our $20 trillion-and-climbing debt, and you get a potentially disastrous situation.
So, if we find ourselves in a situation where the inflation rate is starting to climbing into double-digit levels, we want to be prepared for a situation where our money isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on.
Hyperinflation preparedness can be broken down into three different time spans – what to do leading up to the crisis, short-term ability to bug out and survive the initial wave of chaos, and long-term asset production.
We need a plan of attack for when disaster strikes – where are we going to go? How are we going to get there?
If you’re looking to escape the country, you’re going to want to divest yourself from your country’s currency and economy. There are a few methods to do this:
Invest In Foreign Assets
You have the option of investing in foreign economies rather than your own. This can mean buying foreign real estate, keeping your money in foreign banks, investing in the equities of foreign companies that do NOT depend on the U.S. economy, or just keeping a reserve of that country’s currency.
Make The Jump To A Primarily Digital-Based Income
With the advent of the internet, there are near limitless opportunities to start a digital business or find gainful employment that is entirely remote. Find a niche on Upwork, Fiverr, or an entirely independent business, and begin moving towards a digital nomad lifestyle.
Invest In Digital Currencies
Often hailed as the currency of the future, Bitcoin and similar digital blockchain-based currencies offer a potential safe haven for your money, as their worth is not tied to any particular currency. However, their value is extremely volatile, so venture into digital coinage very carefully, as you can very easily lose everything.
If you’re going to stay in-country (maybe this is a world-wide economic collapse), you’re going to need to start investing in high-value items and in-demand skills to ensure both short- and long-term survival.
Stockpile Barter Items
High-value trade items include weapons, ammunition, food, and drugs (tobacco, medicinal, coffee, alcohol, and marijuana). Here’s a list of barter items to consider.
Develop Essential Skills
People need certain things to survive and thrive. Your job is to provide them with the items or services that allow them to do that. This includes carpentry, blacksmithing, farming, or warfare.
Acquire Asset-Producing Items Like Arable Land
The value of having a plot of land that has ready access to flowing, fresh water cannot be overstated. People are going to need to eat, and the ability to get away from high-population areas that will be the epicenter of civil strife will increase survival chances a dozen times over.
If you go this route, try to make sure it’s at least ready to start producing crops at any given time. Pigs and chickens are also high-value assets to keep on your land for fertilizer and food.
Build A Reference Library
If you lack the experience or know-how upon arrival, readily available information is essential. Hardcover books kept in a sealed container should give you everything you need once the situation deteriorates. Here’s a list of survival books.
Mobility is absolutely key, whether you’re getting out of town or getting out of the country.
- Leaving The Country
- If you’re heading out of the country, you need to make sure you have enough of whatever assets you’re keeping outside the bounds of your country’s currency for a plane ticket out of there. Once the ticket is secured, get to the airport, then watch as your home country devolves into chaos from the safety of your new home.
- Staying In The Country
- The usual bug out bag with food, supplies, etc. will be necessary.
- A car that has some off-road capabilities is a wonderful asset to have. A small stash of extra parts for it – like extra tires – and some extra fuel will provide you with a safe ride to your out-of-town destination. (Remember, gas has a 6-month useful life expectancy, so change out stored fuel regularly.)
- Bring the bartering items and any materials for a productive life that you haven’t already moved to your destination with you.
If you’ve prepared accordingly, a post-money life may not be so bad. If you’ve stocked weapons, food, water, and basic luxury goods like drugs, you’ll more than likely have everything you need to get started.
Produce, Produce, Produce
- Once you’ve arrived at your new primary residence, you CANNOT wait to get started on producing.
- If you developed a skill, begin offering your services to your neighbors.
- If you bought arable land to produce food, start fertilizing it, plowing it, or otherwise preparing it for the growing season. Your existence now depends on your assets to start producing value.
Build Your New Community
Whether you’ve chosen to invest in a skill or in productive assets, you’ll need to either join or create a community of like-minded individuals who can watch each other’s backs and provide for one another. This community is your lifeline, and a solitary life is not only an exceedingly difficult one, but one that is hardly worth living at all.
You May Also Like:
This article first appeared on urbansurvivalsite.com See it here
4 No Cook Meals For Surviving The Pandemic And Food Supply Shortages
When it comes to your food supply, you just can’t risk not having enough. These no cook meals will be a great addition to your food supply planning. Check out the recipes below!
No Cook Meals to Help You Through the Pandemic
As of the writing of this article, there are 20 meat processing plants that have been shut down due to COVID-19 infections. We have been worrying about these types of effects on our food supply for months now, and this is the first real sign of how infections can affect the food supply.
When you walk into a supermarket, you might not see all the choices you had in the past. An empty meat case is a humbling thing for your eyes to fall upon. It’s the shocking realization that the seemingly infinite supply of chickens, pigs, and cows that are butchered for us has begun to run dry!
To deal with this issue, we are going to present four no cook meals that will help you create dinners at home that will feed your family without worrying so much about what’s available, or unavailable, in the meat case.
1. Smashed White Bean, Avocado and Salted Pork Sandwiches
As preppers we get beans. There are a bunch of ways to use beans and this a great example of how you can pack a sandwich with great nutrition and protein.
Serving: Makes 4 sandwiches
- Can of White Beans
- Olive Oil
- 1 Avocado
- 8 Slices of Whole Grain Bread
- 8 Slices of Salted Pork (Prosciutto, Ham, Virginia Ham)
- Begin by draining your beans in a colander then smashing them up in a bowl add a few glugs of olive oil, salt, pepper. This little mix is delicious. If you add some minced rosemary, you can even turn this into a delicious dip.
- Pit your avocado and cut it in half and then quarters lengthwise. Leave the skin on.
- Lay the bread out on a clean work surface for assembling the sandwiches.
- Spread your mashed bean mix onto one side of the bread.
- Peel your avocados and slice 1 quarter for each sandwich. Spread slices over the bean spread.
- Add a few slices of your pork to over the top of the avocado.
- You can finish this sandwich with some lettuces, fresh sprouts, or just eat it as is.
2. Delicious Crab Salad
Canned crab is a protein option that will likely be around through much of this meat crisis. It does have to be kept in refrigeration, but it’s delicious and this chipotle mayo salad is great in the spring and summer.
- 1 Can of Crab Meat
- 1 Bunch of Asparagus
- Chipotle Mayo
- 1 Bunch of Green Onions
- 1 Bunch of Cilantro
- Drain your crab in a colander and set it in the sink.
- Slice your asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Throw them into a bowl.
- Thinly slice your onions and your cilantro and throw that into the bowl, as well.
- Gently toss in the crab meat.
- Squirt on enough Chipotle mayo to coat everything and toss gently not to break up the crab meat.
- Chill in the fridge and serve.
3. Simple Greek Salad
The combination of simple summer ingredients makes for an incredible quick salad that you could add other proteins, too, if you wanted. These could be canned meats.
- 2 Large Tomatoes
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Red Onion
- ¼ Cup of Feta Cheese
- A Few Sprigs of Fresh Mint
- ½ Cup of Kalamata Olives
- Balsamic Dressing
- I like to cut the tomatoes in large chunks and have them kind of be the main course in this salad. Peel and slice your cucumber in half. Remove the seeds and either dice or slice in half-moons.
- Peel and slice your red onion in half. Julienne your, or thinly slice, your half onion.
- Add all these ingredients to a bowl. Finely slice your mint.
- Add your olives, crumbled feta, and mint to the bowl and add enough dressing to coat everything.
- Stir it up and allow this to chill for at least an hour for the flavors to really blend.
4. Mediterranean Tuna Lettuce Wraps
Using some similar ingredients and adding a protein like tuna, you can create some delicious lettuce wraps. The key to a good lettuce wrap is to have most of the items around the same size. So, consider that when you are preparing this dish.
- Iceberg or Butter Lettuce
- Canned Artichokes
- Canned roasted Red peppers
- Fresh Cucumber
- Feta Cheese
- Minced Olives ¼ Cup
- 2 Cans of Tuna
- Green Onions
- Start by peeling all the full leaves from your lettuce. Set them on a plate either cover them with a wet paper towel or put them back into the fridge.
- Dice the peppers, artichokes, and cucumbers into cubes. Go no larger than ½ an inch.
- Thinly slice your green onions and basil and add them to a bowl with your diced vegetables. Add your loves to this bowl and mix them thoroughly.
- Crumble your feta cheese over the mixture.
- Drain your tuna thoroughly and then add that to the bowl, as well.
- Gently toss this mixture. Try not to break up the tuna and the cheese too much but incorporate it thoroughly.
- If you want, you can add some olive oil to the mix or a few glugs of balsamic vinegar. It’s also delicious just how it is.
- Scoop a few tablespoons into a lettuce leaf, wrap it up and eat up!
These no cook meals should help lessen the stress you feel when thinking of what to feed your family. If you don’t have the specific ingredients, use your creativity, and use what you have. You might discover a new recipe while you’re at it!
What’s your favorite no cook meal recipe? Please share it with us in the comments section!
- Essential Survival Fuel: No-Cook Overnight Oats
- Dehydrated Foods to Try This Weekend
- 13 Dried And Canned Foods With The Longest Shelf Lives
This Article Was First Found at survivallife.com Read The Original Article Here
Billionaire Whistle Blower: Wuhan Coronavirus Death Toll Is Over 50,000
- Exiled Chinese businessman Guo Wengui recently revealed leaks from Wuhan crematoriums. He claims based on the number of bodies their furnaces are burning, the death toll could be as high as 50,000.
A Chinese billionaire and whistleblower who lives in U.S. exile says Wuhan crematoriums have burned 50,000 coronavirus victims. | Credit: Chinatopix via AP
- The official coronavirus death toll in China is a little over 800. But an exiled Chinese businessman says crematoriums are leaking the real figure.
- A billionaire whistleblower alleges Wuhan has crematoriums working 24/7. He claims they’ve cremated some 50,000 coronavirus victims.
- Guo Wengui is a Chinese billionaire living in exile in the United States.
The official coronavirus death toll is some 800 people in China. The current official death toll worldwide, outside of China, is 774. But a Chinese billionaire with a history of blowing the whistle on his former government says the real figure is much higher.
Exiled Chinese businessman Guo Wengui recently revealed leaks from Wuhan crematoriums. He claims based on the number of bodies their furnaces are burning, the death toll could be as high as 50,000. Wengui made the bombshell allegations in an interview with former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon.
Whistleblower: 1.5 Million Coronavirus Cases In China, 50,000 Coronavirus Deaths In Wuhan
He also claims to have inside information that there are 1.5 million confirmed coronavirus cases in China. Wengui is emphatic that these are not merely quarantined or “under observation” but confirmed cases of coronavirus infection:
China has struggled to contain the coronavirus. But it has also struggled to contain public outcry against censorship and tight control of information. Dr. Li Wenliang, who sounded the alarm about the disease, succumbed to an infection and died this week. The Chinese government arrested him for blowing the whistle.
Then officials tried to suppress news of his death. Afterwards, millions of Chinese citizens saw the hashtag #IWantFreedomOfSpeech on Mandarin language social media. But the Chinese government censored that too.
Are Wengui’s Crematorium Claims Credible?
Watch VICE’s 2017 profile on Guo Wengui. At the time, he published bombshell documents alleging corruption in the Chinese government. He got the attention of the media and reportedly the U.S. State Department.
5 Types Of Ammunition To Stockpile For A Collapse
Every prepper knows it’s a great idea to stockpile ammunition when preparing for a major disaster.
You can use it for hunting, self-defense, or barter.
But which types of ammo should you stockpile?
If you plan on bartering, then you don’t want a bunch of calibers that nobody wants. And that’s just one consideration.
In this video, Reality Survival & Prepping talks about what he thinks are the 5 best types of ammunition to stockpile for a collapse.
Here are his picks:
- .22 LR – Very common, good for hunting small game, very light and small.
- 9mm Luger – Great for self-defense, fits in a wide variety of handguns.
- 5.56×45mm or .223 Remington – Also very common, cheap and effective.
- .308 Winchester – Widely used, works in AR10 and bolt-action platforms.
- 12 Gauge – You can do a lot with it — hunt, defend yourself, etc.
In the video below he makes a much more detailed case for each caliber. What do you think of this list?
This article first appeared on urbansurvivalsite.com See it here
THIS TERRIFYING BIBLE PROPHECY IS UNFOLDING BEFORE OUR EYES! >>Click Here to See it Now<<
- DIY7 years ago
DIY How to Make a Powerful Mini Foundry
- DIY7 years ago
DIY How to Build a Cabin in 7days for Under $5k
- DIY5 years ago
Try these Cute Christmas Rock Painting ideas for Kids
- DIY6 years ago
Pillow Floor Lounger
- DIY6 years ago
How To Make An Outdoor Kitchen Upcycled Pallet Outdoor Grill
- DIY7 years ago
15 DIY PVC Projects You’ll Love
- Uncategorized5 years ago
Bug Out Cabin Tips | How To Build The Ultimate Survival Shelter
- DIY7 years ago
DIY How to Build a 16 Brick Rocket Stove