10 Items You Should Carry With You Everywhere
As the name suggests, the most vital aspect of being a prepper is being prepared at all times. Unfortunately, many people who are fully prepared to deal with a disaster at home don’t give much thought to how they will deal with a disaster while they are away.
While it may not be possible to carry a full stockpile of survival supplies with you everywhere, there are a number of easy-to-carry items that could prove incredibly useful in a disaster situation. Below, we’ll take a look at 10 everyday-carry (EDC) items that you should have on you at all times.
The ability to start a fire is something that can be incredibly valuable in a disaster scenario. While carrying a lighter is much more essential in a wilderness environment than it is in an urban environment, a lighter is still something worth carrying with you everywhere. It’s a small item that won’t take up much space, and it’s something that can be lifesaving in certain situations.
If you would like to purchase a high-quality lighter that is both durable and reliable, check out this refillable torch lighter. The large torch that this lighter puts out makes it far better for starting fires than your average lighter, while the fact that it is refillable means it’s a product that you can carry with you for many years to come.
You can’t carry an entire toolbox with you everywhere you go, but you can carry a multitool. High-quality multitools often contain dozens of different tools in one compact package, including knives, pliers, scissors, saws, sockets, various screwdriver heads, and more. In the event that you ever have to make emergency repairs while away from home, a good multitool can prove invaluable.
If you’re looking for the best multitool to buy, we recommend checking out the Gerber Suspension Multi-Plier.
3. Pocket Tool
If you don’t want to carry a multitool, a pocket tool is another great option. Unlike multitools which can be a little bulky, pocket tools are about as slim as a credit card, making them easy to carry in your pocket or in your wallet. Pocket tools also contain a number of different tools, including bottle openers, saws, sockets, and more.
If you are looking for a great pocket tool, we recommend checking out the Wallet Ninja. This credit-card-sized pocket tool contains 18 different tools, including a ruler, a box opener, a can opener, various screwdriver heads, and more.
In the event of a major disaster, electricity is often one of the first things to go. While this presents a number of major problems, one of the most immediate issues that a loss of electricity presents is a lack of light. If you happen to be inside an unfamiliar building when the lights go out, finding your way out in the darkness and the chaos can be incredibly difficult.
Of course, this is just one of many scenarios where having a flashlight on you is useful. In the event that you are caught away from your home during or after a disaster, a flashlight is certainly something that you will want to have available.
If you would like to carry a flashlight that is both bright and compact, we recommend checking out the Streamlight 66118. This powerful flashlight is the size of a pen, making it plenty small enough to carry with you at all times.
On the list of most versatile survival supplies, paracord ranks near the top. Thanks to its extreme strength and durability, paracord can be used for a wide range of emergency applications, from crafting a makeshift splint to creating a shelter.
While paracord may not seem like something that is convenient to carry around on a regular basis, there are a number of products on the market designed to convert paracord into an EDC item. This paracord survival bracelet, for example, contains nine feet of paracord as well as a built-in wire saw. Simply clip this bracelet on your wrist and you’ll be able to take an emergency supply of paracord with you everywhere you go.
6. Pepper Spray
If you aren’t able or willing to carry a firearm for self-defense, pepper spray is the next best thing. Pepper spray is available in canisters small enough to carry on your keychain, and you don’t need any kind of special permit to carry pepper spray.
Most importantly, a blast of pepper spray to the eyes and face will almost always stop even the most determined attacker. Pepper spray is also easy to use and aim, making it an ideal means of defense for someone who does not have any firearm or self-defense training.
Having the means to defend yourself is a key component of disaster survival, and carrying pepper spray ensures that you’re never caught defenseless. If you would like to start carrying pepper spray with you, we recommend this keychain pepper spray canister from Sabre.
A pocketknife is the quintessential EDC item, and its reputation as being one of the most useful things that you can carry is well-earned. The number of situations where a pocketknife can prove useful in a disaster scenario is too many to list, and simply having a small knife on you at all times can make you better prepared for a wide range of obstacles. In addition to being a useful tool, a pocketknife can also serve as a means of self-defense in an emergency.
While there are a large number of high-quality pocket knives on the market from an equally large number of manufacturers, we recommend checking out the Cold Steel Voyager due to its sharp edge and ultra-strong locking mechanism.
Small, cheap pocket knives such as what you might find for sale at the convenience store are much more likely to break at the worst possible time than they are to save your life in a disaster scenario. The Cold Steel Voyager, though, is a knife that is built to last.
Time, as we know it, may be a human construct, but it’s something that will continue to be vitally important even if society collapses. Today, most people rely on their phones to tell them the time, and wearing a watch has simply become a fashion statement. If you want to be able to tell the time in the event of a disaster, though, you’ll need something that doesn’t rely on cellphone towers and electricity.
Of course, you’ll also need a watch that is tough enough to stand up to the demands of disaster survival and keep on ticking. With these qualifications in mind, we recommend the Casio G-SHOCK.
Popular among military personnel due to its durability, the Casio G-SHOCK is the perfect EDC watch for disaster preparedness. It’s both waterproof and impact-resistant, meaning it can stand up to the elements as well as take a beating. As an added bonus, the G-SHOCK is also a fine-looking watch that easily pairs with most outfits.
9. Survival Pen
Pens are popular EDC items due to the fact that they are something most people use on a daily basis. However, a pen is probably not the first item you’ll be reaching for in a disaster scenario.
Survival pens are different, though. These pens serve as a sort of multitool that includes things such as a flashlight, compass, window breaker, self-defense tip, and more. If you carry a survival pen, you’ll have a fully functional pen for day-to-day use as well as all the other tools that a survival pen includes for emergency use.
If you would like to purchase a great survival pen, we recommend checking out the YOSMO U2 Tactical Pen.
At a time when everyone has a powerful GPS in their pockets at all times, using a compass for navigation has largely become a forgotten skill. If you are trying to find your way around after a major disaster, though, relying on your smartphone’s GPS likely won’t be an option. In emergency situations such as this, having a compass on you can prove to be invaluable.
Perhaps the most convenient way to make a compass part of your EDC list is to purchase a small keychain compass such as the AceCamp Munkees compass that you can easily attach to your keyring.
You May Also Like:
This article first appeared on urbansurvivalsite.com See it here
4 No Cook Meals For Surviving The Pandemic And Food Supply Shortages
When it comes to your food supply, you just can’t risk not having enough. These no cook meals will be a great addition to your food supply planning. Check out the recipes below!
No Cook Meals to Help You Through the Pandemic
As of the writing of this article, there are 20 meat processing plants that have been shut down due to COVID-19 infections. We have been worrying about these types of effects on our food supply for months now, and this is the first real sign of how infections can affect the food supply.
When you walk into a supermarket, you might not see all the choices you had in the past. An empty meat case is a humbling thing for your eyes to fall upon. It’s the shocking realization that the seemingly infinite supply of chickens, pigs, and cows that are butchered for us has begun to run dry!
To deal with this issue, we are going to present four no cook meals that will help you create dinners at home that will feed your family without worrying so much about what’s available, or unavailable, in the meat case.
1. Smashed White Bean, Avocado and Salted Pork Sandwiches
As preppers we get beans. There are a bunch of ways to use beans and this a great example of how you can pack a sandwich with great nutrition and protein.
Serving: Makes 4 sandwiches
- Can of White Beans
- Olive Oil
- 1 Avocado
- 8 Slices of Whole Grain Bread
- 8 Slices of Salted Pork (Prosciutto, Ham, Virginia Ham)
- Begin by draining your beans in a colander then smashing them up in a bowl add a few glugs of olive oil, salt, pepper. This little mix is delicious. If you add some minced rosemary, you can even turn this into a delicious dip.
- Pit your avocado and cut it in half and then quarters lengthwise. Leave the skin on.
- Lay the bread out on a clean work surface for assembling the sandwiches.
- Spread your mashed bean mix onto one side of the bread.
- Peel your avocados and slice 1 quarter for each sandwich. Spread slices over the bean spread.
- Add a few slices of your pork to over the top of the avocado.
- You can finish this sandwich with some lettuces, fresh sprouts, or just eat it as is.
2. Delicious Crab Salad
Canned crab is a protein option that will likely be around through much of this meat crisis. It does have to be kept in refrigeration, but it’s delicious and this chipotle mayo salad is great in the spring and summer.
- 1 Can of Crab Meat
- 1 Bunch of Asparagus
- Chipotle Mayo
- 1 Bunch of Green Onions
- 1 Bunch of Cilantro
- Drain your crab in a colander and set it in the sink.
- Slice your asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Throw them into a bowl.
- Thinly slice your onions and your cilantro and throw that into the bowl, as well.
- Gently toss in the crab meat.
- Squirt on enough Chipotle mayo to coat everything and toss gently not to break up the crab meat.
- Chill in the fridge and serve.
3. Simple Greek Salad
The combination of simple summer ingredients makes for an incredible quick salad that you could add other proteins, too, if you wanted. These could be canned meats.
- 2 Large Tomatoes
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Red Onion
- ¼ Cup of Feta Cheese
- A Few Sprigs of Fresh Mint
- ½ Cup of Kalamata Olives
- Balsamic Dressing
- I like to cut the tomatoes in large chunks and have them kind of be the main course in this salad. Peel and slice your cucumber in half. Remove the seeds and either dice or slice in half-moons.
- Peel and slice your red onion in half. Julienne your, or thinly slice, your half onion.
- Add all these ingredients to a bowl. Finely slice your mint.
- Add your olives, crumbled feta, and mint to the bowl and add enough dressing to coat everything.
- Stir it up and allow this to chill for at least an hour for the flavors to really blend.
4. Mediterranean Tuna Lettuce Wraps
Using some similar ingredients and adding a protein like tuna, you can create some delicious lettuce wraps. The key to a good lettuce wrap is to have most of the items around the same size. So, consider that when you are preparing this dish.
- Iceberg or Butter Lettuce
- Canned Artichokes
- Canned roasted Red peppers
- Fresh Cucumber
- Feta Cheese
- Minced Olives ¼ Cup
- 2 Cans of Tuna
- Green Onions
- Start by peeling all the full leaves from your lettuce. Set them on a plate either cover them with a wet paper towel or put them back into the fridge.
- Dice the peppers, artichokes, and cucumbers into cubes. Go no larger than ½ an inch.
- Thinly slice your green onions and basil and add them to a bowl with your diced vegetables. Add your loves to this bowl and mix them thoroughly.
- Crumble your feta cheese over the mixture.
- Drain your tuna thoroughly and then add that to the bowl, as well.
- Gently toss this mixture. Try not to break up the tuna and the cheese too much but incorporate it thoroughly.
- If you want, you can add some olive oil to the mix or a few glugs of balsamic vinegar. It’s also delicious just how it is.
- Scoop a few tablespoons into a lettuce leaf, wrap it up and eat up!
These no cook meals should help lessen the stress you feel when thinking of what to feed your family. If you don’t have the specific ingredients, use your creativity, and use what you have. You might discover a new recipe while you’re at it!
What’s your favorite no cook meal recipe? Please share it with us in the comments section!
- Essential Survival Fuel: No-Cook Overnight Oats
- Dehydrated Foods to Try This Weekend
- 13 Dried And Canned Foods With The Longest Shelf Lives
This Article Was First Found at survivallife.com Read The Original Article Here
Billionaire Whistle Blower: Wuhan Coronavirus Death Toll Is Over 50,000
- Exiled Chinese businessman Guo Wengui recently revealed leaks from Wuhan crematoriums. He claims based on the number of bodies their furnaces are burning, the death toll could be as high as 50,000.
A Chinese billionaire and whistleblower who lives in U.S. exile says Wuhan crematoriums have burned 50,000 coronavirus victims. | Credit: Chinatopix via AP
- The official coronavirus death toll in China is a little over 800. But an exiled Chinese businessman says crematoriums are leaking the real figure.
- A billionaire whistleblower alleges Wuhan has crematoriums working 24/7. He claims they’ve cremated some 50,000 coronavirus victims.
- Guo Wengui is a Chinese billionaire living in exile in the United States.
The official coronavirus death toll is some 800 people in China. The current official death toll worldwide, outside of China, is 774. But a Chinese billionaire with a history of blowing the whistle on his former government says the real figure is much higher.
Exiled Chinese businessman Guo Wengui recently revealed leaks from Wuhan crematoriums. He claims based on the number of bodies their furnaces are burning, the death toll could be as high as 50,000. Wengui made the bombshell allegations in an interview with former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon.
Whistleblower: 1.5 Million Coronavirus Cases In China, 50,000 Coronavirus Deaths In Wuhan
He also claims to have inside information that there are 1.5 million confirmed coronavirus cases in China. Wengui is emphatic that these are not merely quarantined or “under observation” but confirmed cases of coronavirus infection:
China has struggled to contain the coronavirus. But it has also struggled to contain public outcry against censorship and tight control of information. Dr. Li Wenliang, who sounded the alarm about the disease, succumbed to an infection and died this week. The Chinese government arrested him for blowing the whistle.
Then officials tried to suppress news of his death. Afterwards, millions of Chinese citizens saw the hashtag #IWantFreedomOfSpeech on Mandarin language social media. But the Chinese government censored that too.
Are Wengui’s Crematorium Claims Credible?
Watch VICE’s 2017 profile on Guo Wengui. At the time, he published bombshell documents alleging corruption in the Chinese government. He got the attention of the media and reportedly the U.S. State Department.
5 Types Of Ammunition To Stockpile For A Collapse
Every prepper knows it’s a great idea to stockpile ammunition when preparing for a major disaster.
You can use it for hunting, self-defense, or barter.
But which types of ammo should you stockpile?
If you plan on bartering, then you don’t want a bunch of calibers that nobody wants. And that’s just one consideration.
In this video, Reality Survival & Prepping talks about what he thinks are the 5 best types of ammunition to stockpile for a collapse.
Here are his picks:
- .22 LR – Very common, good for hunting small game, very light and small.
- 9mm Luger – Great for self-defense, fits in a wide variety of handguns.
- 5.56×45mm or .223 Remington – Also very common, cheap and effective.
- .308 Winchester – Widely used, works in AR10 and bolt-action platforms.
- 12 Gauge – You can do a lot with it — hunt, defend yourself, etc.
In the video below he makes a much more detailed case for each caliber. What do you think of this list?
This article first appeared on urbansurvivalsite.com See it here
THIS TERRIFYING BIBLE PROPHECY IS UNFOLDING BEFORE OUR EYES! >>Click Here to See it Now<<
- DIY7 years ago
DIY How to Make a Powerful Mini Foundry
- DIY7 years ago
DIY How to Build a Cabin in 7days for Under $5k
- DIY5 years ago
Try these Cute Christmas Rock Painting ideas for Kids
- DIY6 years ago
Pillow Floor Lounger
- DIY6 years ago
How To Make An Outdoor Kitchen Upcycled Pallet Outdoor Grill
- DIY7 years ago
15 DIY PVC Projects You’ll Love
- Uncategorized5 years ago
Bug Out Cabin Tips | How To Build The Ultimate Survival Shelter
- DIY7 years ago
DIY How to Build a 16 Brick Rocket Stove