Preparations for trouble at the convention include:
- 2,000 sets of riot gear. The riot gear includes Elite Defender armored suits made by HWI Gear and 26-inch batons manufactured by a company called Monadnock.
- 310 sets of a different riot-control gear for use by police on bicycles.
- 3 miles of 3.5-feet-high steel barriers, presumably for security around the arena. The website of the barriers’ manufacturer, Tamis Corp, describes them as blockaders and riot control devices.
- 3,250 feet of a different type of barriers that are 6.5 feet high.
- 300 bicycles.
- 25 sets of tactical armor.
- 15 motorcycles
- 15 motorcycles for police to ride.
The city wants a temporary police force of 5,000, up from its current force of 1,200. The convention is expected to attract 50,000 visitors.
City officials have not commented on the gear, according to the Plain Dealer.
The last convention to have major violence was the Democratic gathering at Chicago in 1968.
Do you believe the Republican convention could be the site of violence? Share your thoughts in the section below:
This Article Was Originally Posted On offthegridnews.com Read the Original Article here
FREE Ebook! "The Secrets To Living Off The Grid"...
Simply enter your best email in the form and click the download now button. Then make sure to confirm your email to get access and never miss our exclusive updates.