If you’re a long-time reader of this site, you may already know that the event that turned me into a prepper was the 2008 financial crisis. It made me realize that the system we all depend on is far more fragile than I ever imagined.
What’s worse, the fundamental problems that led to the Great Recession were never really solved. Wall Street has managed to kick the can down the road, but they are rapidly running out of road.
Case in point, the historical 2017 tax cuts should have made the stock market skyrocket. Instead, it has flatlined. This means that without the tax cuts, it would have crashed already. And they can’t just keep passing more tax cuts because they are already creating a fiscal crisis with the U.S. debt exploding.
All this is the say that an economic collapse is inevitable. To prepare for it, why not learn from someone who has been through one himself?
Fernando Aguirre, a.k.a. The Modern Survivalist, actually lived through the economic collapse of Argentina, and he made a list of 9 things to do before the economy crashes.
Here’s his list:
- Buy a handgun and learn how to use it.
- Start carrying the essential preparedness gear on a daily basis.
- Stock up on food and water.
- Get in shape and start working out three times a week.
- Put together a home survival/emergency kit.
- Have a “cash stash” and put some of your savings into gold and silver.
- Review your expenses and monthly budget. Start with additional financial plans.
- Reinforce your family and friends relationship.
- Improve your home and personal security.
Be sure to watch the video below for his commentary on these items. He offers a ton of great advice that you’ll definitely want to hear before the U.S. becomes the next Argentina.
This article first appeared on urbansurvivalsite.com See it here