In the event of an emergency or a disaster, people tend to hoard great volumes of food that they can grab on store shelves. However, money would not be a matter of concern during the time of calamity. It will always boil down to the basics of food, water, shelter and a means to protect yourself and your family.
In order to avoid such panic buying or hoarding at the last minute, it is best to prepare items to stockpile in case of emergencies or a disaster. The following items are the most basic yet vital in order to survive or get through an emergency situation.
– Stockpile batteries that you commonly use. You would want to be able to listen over the radio about weather updates or incoming help. This would power up your flashlight or emergency lamp. You can chomp down on those granola bars if cooking isn’t possible.
– Loaded with healthy fats and protein, it provides great amounts of energy for the body. Once it’s opened you wouldn’t have to keep it refrigerated.
– This non-perishable food has a long shelf life and it provides essential vitamins and minerals which are much needed for the body. It also high in calories and protein. The downside is it needs to be boiled for 30 minutes to an hour depending on the brand.
– Water is basic, yet it is the most important element needed by the body. Stocking up bottles by the gallons would greatly increase your chances of survival. The water purifying tablets will come in handy once you run out of drinking water. It is the quickest way to ensure that you’re drinking safe water.
– This item can easily be stored and provides a large number of carbohydrates. Like rice, you will have to boil it, but it enables you to create a wide variety of dishes. This would keep you and your family getting fed up or sick to the stomach from having to eat the same kind of food every single meal.
– Stockpile just enough for your Bugout vehicle, generator, and gas-powered tools in a one year rotation period. More than that would be a waste since gasoline or diesel fuel is a perishable product.
– If all else fails, going back to the traditional way of keeping your house illuminated would not hurt at all. This would also be great tools for starting a fire should the need to cook or keep your family warm arise.
– What good are fire starters if you don’t have anything to fuel the fire? Stacking Duraflame logs will provide an alternative fuel for the fire if your real firewood gets wet.
– You can use mason jars or empty containers to grow fresh sprouts for consumption. There is a high probability of bacterial contamination for sprouts though. Knowing how to grow them in a safe method is essential.
– This kit contains other items such as a crowbar, liquid bleach and duct tape other than the basic food, water, and first aid.
– Other than the other stuff stockpiled in your home or bunker, you must have a bugout bag ready. It should contain all the essentials in case you need to evacuate in a hurry.
– It should contain the basic elements so one could stopgap injuries and diseases until such time they are able to get full medical attention.
– This type of oil outlasts all the rest in the market for up to two years. It can be used in a lot of different ways. Not just in cooking, but also for home health remedies.
– Mainly composed of Black Beans, Navy Beans, Pearly Barley and Black-eyed peas. You can store this mix in large quantities and it requires very little space.
– Dried eggs come in powder form and have a very long shelf-life. It is a great source of protein which is really needed by the body in stressful situations. Just add a little water and you’re good to go.
– These solid fuel tablets make starting fires as easy as ABC. They are residue-free and practically smokeless which is great for cooking or heating food and beverages and even boil water.
– This water-repellant fire starting product provides a safe, versatile and simple way of getting that fire started. It burns for fifteen minutes and has a shelf life of thirty years.
– This leak-proof collapsible container can be unfolded when you need it and then folded again when its contents are used. No hassle or carrying empty containers around.
These are only a few of the basic or advanced items that everyone should stockpile in case the unexpected happens. Never assume that disaster won't happen to you or your loved ones. As a lot of doomsday Preppers say, we should always expect the unexpected.
This Article Was First Found at survivallife.com Read The Original Article Here
FREE Ebook! "The Secrets To Living Off The Grid"...
Simply enter your best email in the form and click the download now button. Then make sure to confirm your email to get access and never miss our exclusive updates.